“Service not up to par”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped here for a quick lunch because it was an easy stop off of the turnpike. The food was fine, though I ordered crab and it continually frustates me that restaurants do not offer utensils for proper crab picking. Those clunky claw cracker things are NOT very useful when trying to extract delicate crab meat from the shell. Anyway, the food was perfectly fine, nothing extraordinary - it is Red Lobster food. Great, fresh salad, tasty cheddar bay biscuits and seafood that is usually slightly overcooked but seasoned well. The only difficulty we had was that our server disappeared after dropping off our food and giving us one drink refill. She asked if we needed anything else, we asked for more biscuits. She said she would be right back. We did not see her again for 15 minutes when she dropped off food for a neighboring table and raced past us before we could flag her down By that time we needed refills as well as the biscuits. We were contemplating coffee and dessert, but we were just ready for the check by the time she got back to us again. We did eventually get the check but we never did get those extra biscuits or refills.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Walked over to this Red Lobster from the Service area. We were seated right away. The lady who seated us stated that out waitress would be with us in a minute. As we sat there looking at the menu you could not help but overhear the next table talking to two servers about the uniforms. Unfortunately one of those servers was ours. It took the 10 minutes to finish the conversation about how boring the uniforms are and that they need to add some color to them. I really did not care to be made to sit and wait for our waitress to finish a conversation to come and wait on us. BUT!!! the menu had been revised and they had new things on the menu she said. I had the shrimp served three ways with red potaotes ( something that was new on the menu and she told me they were so saft and good). When I got the plate I was a little disappointed to see that the red paotaoes were nothing more than glorified french fries. They were quatered red potaoes that had been battered and deep fried. I really wish I had known this becuase I would have gotten something else. They were very dry. The deep fried shrimp was horrible and I could not even eat it. The potatoes I mashed up and poured my sauce from the shimp scampi over them. All I can say about the new items is they just made you get less food for more money on a fancier plate. Red Lobster used to be better than this but I guess it has fallen to the same as every other chain has, lack of training of the staff and trying to cut cost while raising prices. Sad thing to have happen. I used to like going to Red Lobster but will now have to find another source for my seafood cravings.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place used to be good...now I say find someplace else.. Portions and shrimp size have shrunk but prices have gone up.... Also, men's room was a mess.. I had to tell the hostess.. They should be checking the restrooms periodically but obviously that is not happening..

Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you're in need of a quick meal. This was close to the Dolce and the staff was nice.
I did not enjoy the clam chowder. I had it twice and was not happy either time.

Reviewed March 17, 2012