“Unfortunately not the best of the CPK chain.”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 157 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I visited here on a recent trip to the states and unfortunately despite the fact I have always loved CPK's other locations this one was a bit below par. We went in earlier in the day to reserve a table for dinner and were told we couldn't as they don't take reservations but that we had nothing to worry about it being a Tuesday. So we turned up later for dinner and it was full! So we waited at the bar and got given a table after a while but it was right beside the door so was freezing. So we asked to move and were given a better table. We shared the mac and cheese balls for starter which were very dry and very much needed a dipping sauce. Then I had the Thai Pizza which I have had before and has always been nice but it was much too salty this time. We had Tiramisu for dessert which was very nice.
Although our server was really nice he had too many tables to wait on and so was way over stretched. I felt sorry for him as some of his colleagues didn't seem to be doing much to help!
All in all I wouldn't wish to return to this particular branch of CPK.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Located in the King of Prussia Mall, which was convenient for us. Great place, really good food (one had the wild mushroom pizza, the other had cedar plank salmon) and good wine, too. Very nice staff.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently dined at the King of Prussia CPK and had a great experience. At first we waiting a little bit to be served, because they were busy, and my crying, hungry child seemed to make the waiting time even longer, but the manager saw that we were waiting and jumped in and took our order. He knew we were in a hurry to feed our child, so he made sure we got bread right away and took our entire order immediately. They were so attentive and had great service. At one point, they even put a coaster under the table to keep it from rocking. They were very observant and it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

t pains me to rate CPK only 2-stars, because in general, my family loves the food here. We typically eat at a CPK about once a month and I have to say that service at this location has been steadily declining. We were here most recently to celebrate my son's 7th birthday. CPK is one of my son's favorite places and for the past several years, he picks this place for this birthday dinner with the family. We arrived around 5:30 and there was no wait, so we were quickly seated. Our waiter was over pretty quickly and took our drink order. He came back with our drinks and then took our food order, and from there it pretty much went downhill. I asked for bread when we placed our order. After about 10 minutes of it not coming out, I flagged him down and asked again. This time he did finally bring it out. Throughout the whole night, we had to flag him down to get refills (and he wasn't always easy to flag down) and I went through most of my meal with nothing to drink. He never came and checked on us once during our meal! Close to another 10 minutes passed between when we finished eating and when he came over to ask if we wanted desert. I ordered the kids brownie for my son and told him it was his birthday. He then proceeded to walk away and I was like, whoa, we wanted to order some desert as well. While we ordered the rest of our deserts, I mentioned two other times it was my sons birthday for a total of three times. Like a suspected, his desert came out with no candle and even my son asked me where it was. I was so disappointed. I got ahold of another waitress and asked if they still did birthday candles and she said yes. She got ahold of our waiter and a few minutes later he comes out with a candle and tells my son to close his eyes while I put the candle in the brownie and lit it. Obviously, it was after the fact and didn't have the same impact. We never saw a manager walking around or otherwise I would have flagged them down to complain. While the food was good, the service was horrible.

After my very disappointing experience, I wrote an email via their website. You would have thought someone would have at least called me to apologize or something, but after a month, I've heard absolutely nothing from them. I guess they don't just care.

1  Thank GigemAggie
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. Being vegetarians they have such a wonderful selection of vegetarian foods. They also have great gluten free food choices. The staff is always friendly. Love their roasted vegetable salad!