“Overhyped and A Letdown”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 150 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mall Boulevard
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here last night. The staff was very friendly and the decor was mellow and tasteful.

My meal was mediocre: the petite fillet wasn't bad but wasn't as flavorful as I'd expected based on the hype; the fries were bland and, again, I was expecting the best fries of my life given the hype and price ($9); the crab-stuffed lobster tail was good but there was too much butter on it.

On the other hand, my husband loved the fries, the lobster and his ribeye, although we both agree the steaks we get at the local farmers market are far superior.

My husband and I had a nice night out and that was the highlight. I'd never go back, especially since it's so overpriced and the food just isn't that good to justify the cost. I love fine dining but when the fries are better at Five Guys and you can buy 2 amazing prime NY strips from a local butcher for the price of one mediocre meal at RC, spend your money elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Although butter seems to be the main ingredient, the meats are good and well seasoned. The service is great, and parking is ample. Like every other high end steakhouse, the prices too are on the higher end.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a steakhouse on a Saturday night and I decided to go to Ruth Chris's. in the King of Prussia area there is no shortage of high end steak joints. So it's been a couple of years since visiting this location and we gave it a try. We were warmly greeted and seated at our table, wait staff right there to greet us. I ordered the rib-eye steak, wedge salad and a glass of wine. It's funny, over the last week I heard the Ruth Chris's commercial on the radio at least five times and I guess the power of ad advertising does work. Back to the food, the steak came out sizzling just like the commercial and truly was the best steak I had in two years . The only less that acceptable items were the wedge salad was below expectation and the bread served was the type you get in a cheap restaurant.. Maybe it is me but I sometimes judge a place by the bread they serve with the dinner.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've eaten here several times. I am always pleased. I love the way my steak is served. I love filet, but I always get the NY strip here. It's perfect on the outside and super tender on the inside. The layonnaise potatoes are amazing. The sides are huge and meant to be split. The signature chopped salad is perfect. If you are a red wine drinker, you'll love the wine list.

The waiters are friendly, not chatty, helpful and efficient. (So appreciated) Coffee is strong. Whipped cream on any dessert is home-made...super rich and delicious.

My only "beef" (no pun intended)...is they are a bit pricey. Unless you go with more than 3 other people, the sides are just too big and I like a variety of things on the table.

One last thing........they have the BEST steak knives of any steak house I've been to.....

Reviewed January 25, 2013

we keep going back!! If you'll lucky Marsha Brown, owner will be there! She is an amazing owner an great restauranter!! The food is the best, you'll never get a better steak. Cooked to perfection - my husbands favorite, cowboy rib eye! Mine, petite filet with lobster tail. The salads are always perfect. You can get 1/2 or whole salad.l There is nothing I would change - love eating in the booths by the fireplace -