“Panera Bread”

Ranked #40 of 145 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States
“Panera Bread”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great variety of food. Very casual and good prices. Soups are awesome. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Visited June 2013

Marco Island, Florida
“Consistent lunch spot”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great place to grab soup, salad or a sandwich! Just stay away from the desserts. They are scrumptious, but the calorie content is over the top.

Visited August 2012
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My meal at Panera Bread”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I think panera serves high quality, good food fast. My son loves to get the pick two combo, Italian Sandwich with potato soup. Somewhat higher priced than other sandwich places, but the food is always fresh and quick, and the atmosphere is pleasant for casual dining and conversation.

Visited April 2013
kop
“Panera has lost their way”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been going to various Panera locations since they've arrived in the area maybe 5-6 years ago. I have a loyalty card- for what it's worth
I used to enjoy it and they used to have fresh, decent food at reasonable prices in a pretty clean environment. The Allendale Rd location is somewhat newer, maybe 1 1/2-2 years old now
I've noticed that sadly, ALL locations follow the same pattern and take the same downward spiral, including this one.
They start out with good intentions, but quickly become victims of their success.
Service, quality, value, and cleanliness all are neglected
One thing that never changes is they all elect to provide on-the-job training to the cashiers. This entails the manager continually having to be summoned to correct errors while making apologies to the customer. I have seen it at every location and I see it as a complete disregard for the customer's time.

A number of the locations now have the same foul odor. The one in Gateway smells like vomit when you walk in and the Conshohocken is like a garbage pit. I wrote about that one and they apologized and offered a free meal. Not the answer I had hoped for.
I also sent messages to corporate customer service as well as via their feedback poll and they never acknowledge.

This is a large public company and you would think they'd want to be on the ball. But there is no indication of that happening. To the contrary, they're showing signs of just losing their way. I would expect them to continue. Before eating here or any other restaurant, ask if paying to risk your health is worth it. Too many restaurants- not just Panera- put profits before sanitation. It doesn't have to be that way, but they do.

I've attached a photo of the knife that was provided by the Allendale location during my last visit the other day. I can only describe it as nasty. IT was with my salad and dried up on there blade and handle. I've found other messes on plates in the past as well that don't belong there. Bottom line, vote with your wallet and save a yourself a bout of ecoli or salmonella poisoning

• Visited December 2012