“Don't Order Oysters”

Creed's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Creed's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Guthrie Road
Description: An independently owned restaurant featuring a comfortable, warm atmosphere. The menu offers an extensive wine selection and a fresh spin on classic cuts of top quality meats and fish. Our bar and lounge comfortably seats up to 50 guests and presents a sophisticated atmosphere.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wonderfully prepared--though pricy--entrees: les petites filets were perfectly prepared, the redfish with orzo was excellent, les fruits de mer were fine (except the waitress couldn't tell us whitefish would be included; also, the salmon was overcooked/ dried out) . Our mistake was ordering two flights of oysters, at $13 per, each of which, as advertised, contained four different oysters and a clam: six of the oysters were miniscule, one of which caused my wife to exclaim that they had served us an empty shell; all were ordinary in taste; the two clams were also nothing special. And, you read right, we paid $26 for eight oysters and two clams (N.B.: a half dozen PEI/ Prince Edward Island oysters went for $8.95 at the Crab Trap in Somers Point last week; Wegman's, a mile to the east, has buck-a-shuck oysters every Tuesday; Samuels Seafood Wholesalers have a gargantuan array for $.70 a piece!). As for service, Linda, our waitress, was efficient and competent; she consciously tuned out my comments about the oysters, though. Our bill, with a 20% tip, came to $290 for four entrees, two cocktails, two beers, a bottle of $49 Cab . . .and those dreaded oysters.

2  Thank Jack1941

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Creed's for our Anniversary. My wife works nearby so it was convenient to pick her up after work and drive a short distance.
The service was IMPECCABLE and the food nothing short of marvelous. The porterhouse steak was unquestionably the BEST steak I have EVER had!!!
Mind you - this is not a cheap place. Everything is a-la-carte so if you will go the whole 9 yards - the $$$$ will add up fast. To me - it was worth the experience and an excellent meal
Definitely will try to return again

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This a delightful restaurant, with wonderful flavors and great steaks and seafood. It was a little hard to find what the dairy-free options were, but were successful.

All seven of our party were very happy with their meals. Entrees start at $20-30. Entire check for two was less than $80 with wine.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

After reading some of the glowing reviews about Creed's, it seemed to be a safe choice in the King of Prussia area. The website was certainly enticing. OK, I admit it, I like tablecloths, and tablecloths were certainly evident in the photos of the restaurant!

To be fair, the restaurant DID have tablecloths. They also had live music in the bar area which could be heard in the main dining room. So much for a quiet, romantic setting.

I must say that our server was very nice. So what am I complaining about? In a word, value. My petit filet was the most petit I'd ever seen. It sat atop a large pile of cold mashed potatoes. I really don't think it was worth 30+ dollars. For desert we were offered a fresh fruit bowl with ice cream: what was not mentioned was that we would be charged extra for a dollop of ice cream smaller than a golf ball. I could go on, but what's the point?

1  Thank ParisLoverUsa
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This restuarant has changed hands over the years and I have not been there for quite sometime. Went there for a business meeting recently and I was very impressed. The staff was very courteous and attentive. I had a filet which was cooked just right and the flavor was wonderful. Others in our party had various fish dishes and all were very pleased with their meals. We went on a Tuesday night and the place was packed which to me indicates a good restuarant. Highly recommend this for anyone in the King of Prussia area looking for a first class restaurant with excellent food.