“Disappointing, not worth the wait!”

Plaza Azteca King of Prussia
Ranked #21 of 157 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The place was packed with a wait of 45 minutes for a table, so we thought the food must be fabulous.There were items on the menu I was not familiar with and asked the waiter for his opinion of a couple of different items. His recommendation was a dish that was nothing but starch. 3 small burritos with nothing but mashed potatoes in them, with a sauce on top that had a few chopped up shrimp in it and a side of rice. That was it for a cost of about $15.00. The guacamole was freshly made at the table but was bland. I might eat here again to try something I know on the menu, but not if I have to wait 45 minutes. Not worth it

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is my fourth time here and on e again, the food was very good. The house margaritas are very good but ask them for less ice, as they pack it with ice and not much margarita mixture. The side table guacamole is delicious. We ordered the shrimp dish with rice that was excellent with lots of juicy nice size shrimp. They taco shrimps are great also. The menu is extensive. The only beef here is that the service was not great. Sorry hector but you need a bit of improvement as far as service goes. Come early especially on weekends as they get full and there will be a wait. We came about 5:45 and we had a 20 minute wait.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

OK. I love Mexican food and I have been here before. First time was Ok. So, I decided to try it again.....Never Again...........I order the Texas Fajita. First Fajita was fine. So, I decided to try the steak. I took a piece off the Skillet. Put is in my mouth and there was a hair............YUCK...Spit it out in my napkin...When the server finally decided to come around and check about 10-15 minutes. I showed her the hairy fajita in the napkin. I pushed the fajita at her it was quite clear that more than 3/4th's of the fajita were left. She did not ask if I needed anything else or to speak to the manager...When she brought the bill the hairy fajita was still on it. When she came back to get it. I asked do I still need to pay for the hairy fajita. Then she finally took it off....Really...bad service and hairy food they want you to pay for.....Never AGAIN

1  Thank homersMom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Not a bad place at all. It certainly will satisfy any craving for Mexican food since the menu is so extensive. The prices are low and the service is excellent. The hostess, bartenders and waitstaff are all very attentive and friendly. Would certainly return if I am in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Decent Mexican food for the area, they have table side guacamole, but no other good appetizers. We ordered the cheese with chorizo added, it came as a plate of grease with cheese on top, would not recommended this appetizer. Great enchiladas and fajitas, with large drinks that don't require many refills. Our waiter didn't speak English, and ordering was a challenge. If you visit this place, get ready for bad service, but good food.