“Food & Service was great!”
Review of LP Steak - CLOSED

LP Steak
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Valley Forge Casino and Resort
Reviewed October 21, 2016

The bartender in there was great- very personable. The food was equally as awesome. I had the philly cheesesteak dumplings and highly recommend. They could use a better wine list!

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I celebrate our anniversary here every year( it was Pacific Prime). The steaks melt in your mouth. My wife had the scallops and the were delicious also. We split the sides and which were more than enough for both of us. Nice wine list and beer list.

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

My friends and I had dinner here last night. The cocktails were disappointing. My strawberry sangria was bland. The crab cakes we shared were just "okay". We offer the filet, appropriately cooked with good flavor. The stuffed baked potatoe was the highlight of the meal...creamy and delicious.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

My first visit to LP steak when it first opened was awesome and I couldn't say enough good things. I posted a stellar review at that time. I couldn't wait to go back...which I did this past weekend. And that will probably be my last visit to LP Steak. First off...the service was absolutely horrible. We sat at the table and waited for 50 minutes before he came to take our drink order. He kept coming and telling us he will be with us in "a second". 50 minutes later, he took our drink order. And that was the tone of our service for the rest of the night. Every time he came back to wait on us, something would happen at another table and he would say "I'll be right back" and rush off to another table (and come back to us 10-15 minutes later). The food was good...but not great like I had reviewed for my first visit. Definitely has gone downhill. My $57 Prime Strip was tough and flavorless. The thick-cut bacon appetizer was not how I remember it, but still pretty good. Several other things were OK....but nothing special and not worth the menu price. We had some "Comps" coming from the Casino so our meal was basically free on this night (not really free, I paid for the meal over the last several hours in the casino!!!). So when the server offered us "free drinks on him" for the pathetic service.....that was a meaningless consolation since our Comps covered everything that night. So bottom line....since Comps were covering the overpriced, so-so meal...I was less upset. If I had paid $300+ (that would have been the price, there were 3 of us) for that meal....I would have been furious based on the service and food quality. Had the manager at the door asked us about our experience on the way out....I was prepared to politely let him know how terrible it was. But he stood there at the door as we passed....and didn't even say a word. So it wasn't worth my time to start in with him....because I won't be going back. It is a real shame....because I really loved my first visit!

Reviewed September 19, 2016

On Saturday night, September 17, 2016, I threw a surprise birthday party with 40 guests at Fianco – the Italian pop-up restaurant at the Valley Forge Casino (located on the second level within LP Steak). As a foodie with 2 food degrees from Johnson & Wales and many years in the business, I tend to be extremely critical with restaurants that call themselves “fine dining”. I chose this restaurant based on my previous positive dining experiences with Chef Luke Palladino when he had his restaurants at the Borgata in AC.

To say the party was a success would be an understatement. From start to finish, I could not have been more pleased with the planning and execution of this special party - the service was spot on, the food was perfection, and the attention to detail was fantastic. As the host, I could not have been more proud.

Our group of 40 was split into 5 tables (my doing) and each table was served 6 appetizers family style. Knowing Luke’s reputation for killer apps, I wanted each guest to have the opportunity to sample each one thus my request for family style. Our selection of apps included Potato Gnocchi, Truffle Arancini, Caciocavallo Scallopine, Calamari Fritti, Burrata Caprese, and Assorted Olives (marinated with citrus & fennel). These apps were flawless but the two that really blew everyone away were the Caciocavallo Scallopine and the homemade Potato Gnocchi (the texture was amazingly light and creamy).

Prior to serving the appetizers, each guest chose their own entrée – the 4 choices were Veal Chop alla Parmigiana, Fettucine Alfredo, Verlasso Salmon Piccata, and an 8oz. Filet Mignon. We chose these four entrees based on the needs of my guests – including vegetarians, those who couldn’t eat shellfish, and those who were not fans of Italian cuisine. The entrees were dead on! My table of 10 had many foodies – only “complements to the chef” all the way around. I had the veal and I could cut it with my fork – it was tender, flavorful, and not drowned in sauce (aka gravy).
For dessert, we opted out of the traditional birthday cake and chose 2 desserts served family style - Ricotta Zeppole and Cannolis. Wow! Both were incredible.

Big kudos to the entire staff at Fianco’s – you folks were amazing! You’ll be seeing us again for special events. And a special thanks for attending to the needs of my guests who had disabilities.

On a side note, I was never a fan of the two old fine dining restaurants at the Valley Forge Casino – very underwhelmed with both the steak and Italian facilities. However, now that both restaurants have Luke at the helm, they are both on our hit list. I just wish we didn’t live 45 miles from Valley Forge!