“Boring if you aren't a rich 30 yr old woman”

King of Prussia Mall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Featuring a diverse mix of over 400 stores, including Nordstrom, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, and a collection of luxury retailers unsurpassed in the region, King of Prussia Mall is one of the most iconic malls in the nation. At King of Prussia, you'll find offerings for every taste and budget, from luxury to your favorite national and international brand retailers. A delectable selection of international dining options are available at three unique food courts and in casual and sit down restaurants including Cheesecake Factory, Seasons 52, Maggiano's Little Italy and Legal Sea Foods, and more. Located about 25 miles northwest of Philadelphia, King of Prussia serves the Greater Philadelphia region including Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware counties, and is the premiere shopping destination on the East Coast. At the junction of Routes 202, 76, 422, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike, King of Prussia is easily accessible for travelers. We at King of Prussia hope you visit soon- Your Kingdom Awaits!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I ways wanted to visit this mall, but never got around to it until today. We actually are on our way home as I write this. We got there at 11am and we left at 12pm because even though it has 400 some stores, nothing was appealing to us. I'm 22, he's 26 and we didn't find any stores that are in our price or age range except for Old Navy, which we have two at home! We are disappointed because we drove 2 hours to get here and only spent one hour of literally just walking. Even the food court is just an expensive cafeteria. Half the stores are furniture places, and the rest is outrageously priced clothing and food. What really bothered us is that it's a 96 degree day and we thought we would have a good time roaming around in the air conditioning but instead we felt rushed by the large amount of stores to see and it was exhausting hiking around this mall. I probably won't go back unless I were to hit the lottery.

2  Thank Educatdhorses
"shop till you drop"
in 7 reviews
"this place is huge"
in 10 reviews
"bring your walking shoes"
in 7 reviews
"dining options"

Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was a shoppers dream and heaven to her 14 year old daughter. Any mall that needs a map rocks! Everything imaginable was there.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Every anchor store you could possibly imagine. Specialty stores abound. Food courts conveniently located throughout mall. Walking through this mall completes your daily walking exercise.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I grew up 30 minutes from this mall, so perhaps I'm biased, but I've traveled a lot, and I've been to the Mall of America, as well as the Mills Malls and other malls all over the world. In short, for sheer variety of American stores, breadth of price point, and walk-ability, as well as almost always being able to find a parking space (unless you get there after 7:00AM on black friday), this is my top choice. I haven't lived in this area in 15 years, but I still go back there if I have to do major shopping; that's how good it is.
No, it's not as exciting as shopping in a foreign country, and yes, it can be a bit overwhelming because it's just so big, but if you have a lot to get done and can shop all day, this is the place to do it.

Some tips: go early and try parking in the Lord & Taylor lot, even if you don't plan to shop there. It's at the larger of the two sections but also close to the smaller section and usually has spots open. It's also easy to get into and out of. Also, look at the list of stores online and, if you only have so much time (or stamina), decide which half of the mall you want to go to.

I can't wait until they build the indoors section between the two halves, because it can be mighty cold crossing the parking lot when I do my Black Friday shop (often 9 hours!).