“Entertaining”

Valley Forge Casino
Reviewed June 10, 2015

They charge $10 per person to visit casino, but they give you $10 back on gift card that you can spend on food or drinks in casino. Food in food court is definitely over priced, but good. They also gave us a $10 playing credit each since it was our first visit. Everyone was friendly and helpful and everything seemed clean. We didn't win anything but had some fun. I would go back if I was ever in the area again.

1  Thank jennreep

Reviewed June 4, 2015

1st ever casino that I paid to get into - seriously - paid to get into it. Wasn't worth it - no entertainment, the place was dead, nothing happening at all and this was a weekend night - for a newer casino it was a ghost town - go a bit further and go to Sands in Bethlehem - free parking, free enter, free entertainment, great slots, etc........

1  Thank momoffiveinpa
Reviewed June 3, 2015

Convenient gambling for people that don't want to travel all the way to Atlantic City. The $10 entrance fee can be bypassed with the receipt of buying at least that much food in the food court. Has all the staples of cards, craps, roulette, and lots of slot machines. I did not see any of the shows, but I did try the in-casino restaurant and found it to be overpriced. Free (inexpensive) beer while your gambling, and they are willing to teach gambling novices (such as myself) how to play properly.

Reviewed June 3, 2015

They have been booking performers for a short while, and I finally went to see one. The performer was fantastic, however the venue leaves a lot to be desired. First I dislike that they are using the words "Music Fair" in the name of their venue. If you are from this area and remember the original Valle Forge Music Fair and are expecting a similar venue you will be sorely disappointed!! They are using the convention space underneath the casino for the performances. It is a horrible space with these black curtains spaced as dividers, a low ceiling which doesn't do much for acoustics, and very uncomfortable banquet chairs set up in rows and sections. If they want to re-create an entertainment venue in the area (which we could desperately use) spend the money and do it right!!

3  Thank mbej4
See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2015

My wife and I visited Valley Forge Casino Saturday night to see Frank Sinatra Jr. My wife received an email a couple of months ago inviting us to purchase tickets before they went on sale to the public. We took advantage of the offer and were able to purchase great seats. In order to make a night of it I called 3 weeks before and made reservations at Viviano's Restaurant in the resort. I asked the young lady that took the reservation if 6:30 would give us time to have dinner and drinks and still make the show. She assured me that 6:30 would give us plenty of time. We arrived at 6:30 and the area was extremely crowded. The short version is that we were not seated until 7:00. The service was sub par to say the least. The server was nice but over worked with too many tables. We skipped salads and appetizers to save time. It took over 10 minutes just to get drinks and I received a gin on the rocks when I ordered vodka. I told my wife to tell the server to just take it off our bill and I got up and went to the bar to get a drink and brought it back to my table. Our entrees came and I asked for bread that we never received. The food was very good but the service was not. The site describes this restaurant as "Fine Dining" and this was far from it. I realize this was because of the show but they should have not have taken more reservations then you can handle. Better to give 70% of the people requesting reservations a great experience then taking all the reservations and giving poor unprofessional service. The high point of the night was the show but this was something the resort had no control over.
After the show we wanted to go into the casino to play and my wife could not get in because she did not have her drivers licence . I asked to see a manager and I was introduced to the security manager who was no help and I asked to see a casino manager and was introduced to a casino host. I explained the issue to both gentlemen and they politely apologized but were no help offering no options. Both of these men looked to be in their mid 20's with very little life experience handling these types of issues. Because of your resort's poor service we will never return. I told this to the casino host, I think his kast name was Costner and he apologized and gave me his card so that he could take care of me in the future. For me the future was Saturday night and, if he was little older with more experience he would have taken care of us on the spot. Instead of giving me his card he should have asked for my information so that he could contact me. On the way home my wife laughed and said I should thank them because, by keeping me away from the dice tables they actually saved me enough money to pay for our summer vacation. Truth be told, nobody cares. Today's business mentality is that there will always be another customer and another player to replace the one they lost. I sent this email to the resort the next day but I really don't expect a response or, if I did get one it would be a generic email that they send to players or customers that were unhappy with their experience. On Sunday I did receive an email from a woman from the resort stating that she received the email but was off and would get back to me on Monday. Today is Friday and still no response and that was exactly what I expected. This just proves that nobody cares.

5  Thank ErnieD1420