“Casino treated me well”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Casino treated me well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Though the casino is a bit small, the staff were wonderful. The craps dealer was very funny and walked me through the game -- I walked away a winner!

Ambler, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor hotel security”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

When I went to get off the elevator to go to my room the entire hallway was filled with white powder smoke, all four lounge chairs along with the middle table turned upside. Ran across the hallway to get to my room to call downstairs to let them know what is going on the 3rd floor. Apparently, their security did not see on the camera screens that there was smoke and furniture turned upside down. Not sure how bright the security is on the casino floor is but if it is anything like the hotel, well you get the point. He did thank me for calling them to let them know what was going on. When I asked what is that smell he said don't worry about it a group, kids discharged the Fire Extinguishers in the hallway. The smell was just terrible you could not breathe. The poor cleaning up crew had to clean up the mess without any protective gear on or any masks over their face. What great working conditions you have in place. Poor guys cleaning it up the mess were coughing all over the place. The hotel did not call 911. I checked in at around 7pm Friday night and rushed to the hospital at 4 am Saturday morning. Since,I breathe in so much of that chemical in it gave me a terrible headache and broke out with an allergic reaction on my skin. No to mention my daughter has asthma breathing in those chemical fumes set off her asthma. No one from the hotel even both calling me to see how I was doing. They knew I was rushed to the hospital. When waiting for the ambulance to come one of the security guards was kind enough to let me dad know that they always have a problems here at the hotel. Between the underage drinking crowd or cars being broken into and robbed each weekend. Well in case you were wondering they did charge me for my hotel stay. I am sure I will have to pay my copay for the ER as well. Well good luck staying there.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank teresa B
Brick, Nj
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mini Vacation at Valley Forge Casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was a very great place to stay, nothing bad to say. Had a blast. Room was a suite, large and comfortable. King bed, comfortable. Large bath. Very clean room. Casino was great, live music, dancing, large bar with slots built in, great slots, great tables. Super service through out.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Little Casino”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Casino was really small- very smoky. We did not see any waitresses for drinks. We hoped for some music or an area for dancing...some other entertainment. They did have a singer there, but there was no dance floor or anything. We prefer The Sands in Bethlehem, as they have a better atmosphere. This place is fine if you just want to play some slots in your sweats...and you're not looking for anything else. We did not win at all, and we did not stay long.

Philadelphia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Smokey smokey smokey and then it was smokey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went on a Sunday night in August. Seemed like no matter where you walked in the casino, the smell of smoke was everywhere. Twice we found spots to gamble and then left because some chimney would park themselves near us. It seems to me like those that have a addiction to smoking are the casino's bread and butter. If there was a non-smoking section, we did not find it. We lost on slots which is our norm, no complaints that we lost gambling on machines. But there were many tables with a $10-$15 minimum that were empty, dealers just standing there for extended amounts of time and no customers. Why not lower some of the tables to $5 and then we and others would play. (especially on a Sunday night at 10pm, very slow night in the casino). After we lost on the machines we did not want to chance $10-$15 a hand at cards so we left. The casino would have had a better chance of getting more of our money if they lowered the table limits. I "bet" that if the casino advertised a $5 table game power hours during certian nights, they would draw a bigger crowd and make more money. They could also have a "teaching room" of table games to let people learn then they would have the confidence to try their skill on the main floor.