SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while in training class. The staff were all very friendly. Hotel was clean and rooms were spacious. The hotel is a little off the path, but only within 5-10 minutes of everything in the area. I liked the idea that it was quiet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My family and I lost power during hurricane Sandy and decided to move to a hotel. All of the local hotels were booked but we were able to reserve two rooms here. The service was great and the rooms were spacious and new. We were able to get adjoining rooms and we were very happy with all the amenities.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Clean place. Location is not the best as far as amenities. But after staying there many times, I have found all the local places to eat and get stuff. There is a Wegmans nearby and many restaurants near the mall. But you do need a car to drive all over. Not a place to stay at if you are taking a taxi. Overall, the hotel is clean and modern. Rooms are nice, linens are good. I have had no problem with the Wi-fi. Besides, they have wired Internet available too. I am here every 2 weeks for 3-4 days.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed here on many occasions for business in the Philadelphia area. The hotel is clean and quiet. The staff has always been friendly as well. They offer breakfast in the morning and have a bar for drinks and food in the evening. Good location, prices and rooms. No complaints at all.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a weekend getaway for me and my husband. Getting to the hotel is a bit of a challenge, it is on the top of a hill and the road going to the main entrance is strange to say the least. If you don't pay close attention it is easy to miss the turn.

The front desk staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Check in was easy and we had our choice of floors. The hotel was clean and the bed was so comfortable, we loved it. We would stay here again if we are in the area.

The only criticizm we had was in regards to the bathroom. There is a sliding frosted glass door for the bathroom. My husband hated it but I got used to it fairly quickly. The draw back to the door is there is no way to lock the door for privacy. Also since the toilet, shower and sink are all in the same room there is no way to share the space for those that like a little bit of privacy when freshing up. I would not let this be a deal breaker but just know some people will not feel comfortable with the set up.

We did not use the fitness center but did check it out. It was pretty standard though we did notice the treadmills each have their own TV which is a bonus. We also did not use the pool due to the weather so have no comment on it. We also did not eat the complimentary breakfast but it appeared to be standard hotel fare.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here while attending a week long training class for business. The training facility was adjacent to the casino. Being partial to the Marriott chain, I was very pleased to find this location nearby. It was just a little over a mile away- not walkable as there are no sidewalks and not to mention a big hill. But not a problem since I had my own car. Though tucked away, it wasn't hard to find at all and proved very convenient and quiet location- just the way I like it. The hotel is very new and clean and modern. I loved the layout of the suite. The sliding door on the bathroom would have been a bit awkward if I had my family with me, but since I was alone, no problem whatsoever. I could hear some noise on occasion from the floors above whenever a toilet was flushed. Not a huge deal but could be annoying. I don't sleep well away from home and though the bed was not quite to my liking, the sheets mostly made up for it. The one thing that was highly annoying was the presence of stink bugs! They are pretty easy to swoop up with the pad of paper and fling into the toilet, so as not to smush them and emit the stink. It wasn't a big deal with the first one, but when I saw the second and then third, I notified the front desk and asked them to check if there was an opening in the window or some kind of bug nest in my room. They sent someone while I was out that day but not sure the outcome. Later that evening, I found the fourth and last stink bug of my trip so clearly they have found a way to take refuge in my room! Not the end of the world as bugs happen, but it was highly annoying. It was very nice to have a full hot breakfast every morning. There wasn't much variety and the same offerings day after day, but hey, it was filling and I didn't have to pay extra. Can't beat that! Love the convenience of the mini fridge and microwave. I was so comfortable, I almost didn't want to return home. Great job Springhill Suites!

Room Tip: This hotel is tucked away from the road, so there should be little noise no matter the room location...
1  Thank kokonutkroozer
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Spent three days at this hotel to bring in the New year and the place is beautiful. Difficult to find (sign on main road needed) but worth the hunt--gorgeous room. Breakfast was great and so were the staff. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again. It was close to King of Prussia shopping but without all of the traffic and noise that comes from being right next to the mall.

Room Tip: We had the two queen beds suite which was perfect for the three adults (one slept on sofa couch)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends