“Bad service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I waited 25 minutes for a to-go salad...and it wasn't busy. The food ending up being good...but there are many better options in the area.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at a Joe's Crab Shack in Ohio & the food was great the place was nice , there you felt like you where eating at a dockside restaurant in the middle of Ohio 600 miles from the ocean , so I stopped at this one ,,,, Well this Joe's was like eating in a warehouse , not nice at all VERY industrial looking , we ordered 2 steam pots and drinks and stuffed mushrooms , the waiter was great the food was bad .....
First there was large chopped celery and a lot of cheese no crab, also when the steam pot came the pot was hot the food was warm , the shrimp was very wet and the crab shells where soft to soft to crack , it was clear that it was cooked earlier and heated up before serving , me and my girlfriend said it was warm at best and felt sick within 10 min. after leaving there , the service was great the food was BAD , I would never go back to this Joe's ever again.............

Reviewed March 18, 2013

While in the KOP area, it was either this or Legal Seafoods. Since we had never been here before, we thought we'd give it a try.
We went on a Sunday around 5:30pm. There was a 15min wait, and they seated us within 15min. The service was definitely slow. We ordered the Orleans Steampot and the Salmon.
My steampot had shrimp and prawns, along with potatoes, corn on the cob and andouille sausage. The shrimp were delicious- as good as shrimp on the bay. Spicy, flavorful and really good. The prawns- not so much. They had almost no meat inside and didn't seem like they were well cleaned. The salmon dish was cooked well and very good. The floor manager came by and asked how my dish was- I told him the truth about the prawns and he brought me out another plate of boiled seasoned shrimp- which I thought was really nice of him! He didn't contest anything and said he wanted me to be happy with my meal, so that was definitely to their credit- thank you!
The service was pretty slow the rest of the time. This place is filled with families and large groups, so in the open-air restaurant setting, it can be a little noisy. The music is pretty loud and the servers do this strange step dance thing every 30min or so. It was mediocre at best.
With all the competition of restaurants these days, people are being more choosy about where they spend their money. One visit was probably enough for me at this place. Nothing really bad about it, but nothing special to being me back.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was excited when I learned that Joe's Crab Shack was coming to the KoP area as my first experience with them was when I was traveling in Ohio several years ago. Sadly, this location has sort of turned me off of the chain. I've eaten here at least a half dozen times since it opened and my experience each time has not improved, and to a certain extent has declined. Most of my meals here have been lunch, with a few dinner exceptions. In all cases, service was too slow and the food just OK. For the prices they charge, it just isn't worth it in my opinion. They waiters/waitresses used to do these ridiculous line dance every hour or so, but thankfully, they no longer do this. If you really miss it though, they evidently will do it on request. This place is loud, so from that perspective, it is kid friendly. They do offer a kids menu and a nice playground outdoors. After giving this place a number of tries now, I'm basically done with it. I haven't been to a Red Lobster in awhile...it may be time to give them a try again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Team dinner for kids and parents resulted in great food and service by waiters but sensational and shocking inflexibility on behalf of the manager. Although the restaurant was 1/2 empty, our group was separated among 2 rooms and 7 tables for the benefit of spreading the wealth to the servers. since the tip was included with such a large group, it could have been easily shared amongst all instead of filling small tables across the room, refusing to serve adults sitting in the "wrong" spots, etc. That being said, it was a perfect choice of food for a hungry tired group and the waitstaff more than made up for the archaic and ridiculous "corporate" rules.