“KOP Motel 6 better but not great”

Motel 6 Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Kingston, Washington
“KOP Motel 6 better but not great”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

First let me say that the Staff is very kind and helpful at this Motel 6. But that is not what this review is about. For the last 2 years we have stayed at this Motel 6. last year was untenable, the hotel had been flooded a couple years before and never recovered. There was odors that were covered by a terrible cleaning solution that made it impossible to breathe. I was nervous about staying there again because the place made me so sick the year before. They have done a major face lift. The halls have new carpet and paint. The rooms have laminate floors and the furnishings are very minimalist. The potential is good for this place. It is a smoking friendly motel and even though my room was non smoking the only way to keep the smell out of my room was to keep the bathroom fan on for 11 days. The halls reeked of cigarettes, as did the elevator, and the stairwells going out the back door. The laundry room was so dirty that I took my clothes to a wash and fold. There was dust and hair (not mine) in every corner of the bathroom and the bedroom when I first got the room. The towel hook was already coming loose from the wall. The door stop in the bathroom was not correctly lined up so the door smacked into the shower curtain rod every time you opened the door. The cove base in the bathroom was badly installed. The contractor had cut the phone line and so there was no working phone in this room. The staff did respect the fact that I am a day sleeper and left me alone. I would get towels as needed. They did change my sheets once. We did get plenty of sleep but I again got sick from the cleaning solution and the cigarette smoke. Not sure if I can stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Annie-Jussaino H
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 13, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was a little bit apprehensive about staying here due to the poor reviews I had read, but my budget won out and when I arrived I was very surprised. This hotel is an excellent value for $65 dollars a night. The rooms are large, clean, and all newly remodeled. I really like how the floors in the rooms are that faux hard wood. It made it seem so much nicer and cleaner. The hotel was very accommodating with a few special request I had made to be near an exit and on the first floor. They are also pet friendly, a huge plus for animal lovers. The only improvement for this economical hotel could be to offer free wifi (they charge per day). If I ever return to King of Prussia I will with no hesitation stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CherryKnoll
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed September 24, 2013

So I've read all the reviews and was scared, but still decided to stay here due to the low price. When I pulled in around 10pm on 9/21/13, the motel lobby looked baron but there was an alert staff member to promptly check me in. She gave me clear directions to my room. The hotel hallways looked run down, but when I got to my room (329), surprise! The room was clean and looked recently renovated. All new laminate flooring, basin sink in the bathroom, sparkling white shower, flat screen television hanging on wall, IKEA-like bed. Motel is right off highway and I had a view of parking lot. Bolt lock on door. Granted, there are no amenities besides soap, but I did not expect any for the $65 plus tax price I paid. Bring your own hair dryer and be ready to use the alarm on your phone, but this was quite alright for one night. Super fast checkout in morning, and I was ready to go. Did not check out any restaurant/fitness center if they had one. There is a Chili's across the street I saw. Room looked like photos this site has posted.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nerissa B
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been staying in this motel 6 for a week now wile I wait for my apartment to be available. Because of my busy schedule waiting tables and paying with my tips, I have been paying half before work and half after. Today I paid the first half and when the receipt showed what was owed, it looked short. I asked the manager and she confirmed that I owed $30. When I went down to pay later, I was told I owed $40. Instead of trying to help correct the issue, the girl at the front desk got an attitude. I naturally got annoyed and she began to yell at me. Horrible horrible service. I would not recommend this to anyone. Stay at the best western across the street. The prices are a bit higher but the service is much better.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jake2205
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This Motel 6 exceeded our expectations and was very comfortable and clean. Of course this is not a luxury hotel, but it is far nicer than most Motel 6 lodgings. The location would be particularly convenient for shopping at King of Prussia and ensured easy access to the highway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christine F
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this Motel 6 as my business group suggested it at our group rate. When I walked in the room I could not believe the austerity of the room. I think this was a renovated room. It looks like a minimum security prison or hostel room. No carpet, no lamps, no dresser, no closet, no comfortable chair, no clock radio, no shampoo, no hair dryer, no toilet lid-just seat, no maid service between day one and day two, no continental breakfast, no free wifi. It was affordable, clean in the room, had flat screen TV. It smelled in the hallway. I will not stay again. Hotel should advise on their website about lack of these amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Windtrekker - Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the lack of amenities you expected during your stay. Please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Motel 6 in King of Prussia is unique -- clean, quiet, remodeled rooms at an affordable price in the Valley Forge, King of Prussia, Villanova area. Added advantages are 1) parking space adequate for rental truck-auto trailer rigs and 2) pet-friendly policy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northeast side of the building are better shielded from I-76 traffic noise.