“Not the old $0.15 Hamburger anymore”
Review of Gino's Burgers and Chicken - CLOSED

Gino's Burgers and Chicken
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Things have changed for the better at this old name establishment, The Resturant looks great and the food is really good. There is fast food and there is good food and Gino's tops the list.
Order your food and they give you a numbered card which you put on your table and then the server brings it out to you and it is not a Fast food Burger.
This place is located across from the King of Prussa mall on DeKalb Pike, Do check it out.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Having been to the original many, many years ago, the differences are price and ambiance. The ambiance is better than the stark nature of fast food places in the 70s. They also deliver your food to you at booths and tables. The burger is more expensive than the other low cost chains. Prices are comparable to Five Guys. I did have the Gino Giant with the special sauce.

I thought the burger was good not great and would probably give Five Guys the nod. My two favorite burger chains are In n Out and Shake Shack to give a comparison.
But I do appreciate the old management team for buying the brand back and Gino himself was in attendance at the opening of another Gino's in Maryland this fall.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had fond memories of eating at the "old" Gino's when I was a child and would visit family. I was sad when they closed. Imagine my surprise when I saw a Gino's sign with "WE'RE BACK!" below it on a quick overnight trip to KOP. I insisted to my husband that we just HAD to eat there before we went back home. I saw a lot of griping all over the internet that "it just wasn't the same". I wasn't sure how it would be.

It was fantastic! Best fast food I've had in eons. No, it's not the old Gino's. In my opinion, it's as if Gino's never closed, and just evolved with the times. Sometimes, it's not a good idea to be the same as "the old" when you're 25+ years down the road. And honestly, if they never had closed, how many people would be griping that it never changed and was old fashioned?

It may be slightly pricey at first glance but considering that I went to McDonald's and ordered their fancy new chicken sandwich and it cost me $7.00 - and wasn't that fantastic - it really isn't that bad. Their interior is nice. It's squeaky clean, and has a nice retro vibe without looking dated or cheezy. The chicken isn't the same KFC they used to sell - it's better. Juicy, tasty, and on par with KFC prices. Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in nostalgia and forget that NO ONE sells burgers for less than a buck anymore.

Saw lots of gripes that it's a Five Guys rip-off. I didn't consider it a rip-off at all. Five Guys, while fantastic, has a limited menu. Gino's has a decent menu, including a killer looking salad. And to me, trending toward Five Guys style burgers isn't a bad thing. They kick MacDonalds or Burger King down the street any day.

If you like quality burgers, chicken, and a funky (but not dated) retro vibe, go to Gino's and enjoy some excellent food. If you're going purely for nostalgia purposes and nothing else, then you may want to reconsider, because it's not the "old Gino's". It's better.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Meal for four was about $40. Burgers and chicken were good. Fries were also good, but not too many in basket. Atmosphere is fine, not really like the Gino's I remember from 40 years ago.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Overpriced lousy food and I waited forever. I remember eating at Gino's as a kid so i figured I'd take a trip down memory lane. I don't consider $11 for a burger from a fast food place reasonably priced.

I placed and order to go and waited and waited. I noticed another customer who came in 5 minutes after me and ordered the same thing (but with fries instead of onion rings) was served his food. So asked why I was still waiting. They stated I was waiting for onion rings.

I watched the cook call for onion rings when he threw my frozen burger on the grill. I assumed the onion rings were being cooked somewhere out of sight . Until I saw another employee come slow walking out 20 minutes later with some frozen onion rings. My burger was already cooked wrapped and sitting under a heat lamp. I was on my lunch break and had already waited 20 minutes and could no longer wait so I grabbed the burger and left. BTW there were only 5 customers in the whole place during my wait.

The burger was lousy to put it nicely and left me with an upset stomach for the next few hours which added insult to injury. I have dined out all over the country and various restaurants and some fast food places and almost never have problems.

I'll never waste my time and money at Gino's again.