“Excellent Stay”

Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great hotel! Great staff, nice hotel, pretty clean, free parking, good location etc. My only complaint, I left note for housekeeping to change sheets and vaccuum but he/she did not do so. That irritated me. Other than that obvious oversight it was a good stay. I will say that I stayed during the holiday but still service should not go down because of that.

Again, very nice place, I hope they do not let people trash it because this will be my go to hotel every time I visit family. Generally, Phila. area hotels leave a lot to be desired. Thanks for an overall good stay.

Room Tip: Room Service above represents housekeeping service on second day.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Josh D, General Manager at Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for you comments regarding our HYATT house and how much you enjoyed your stay. It's a pleasure to be able to share this with the entire team. During your stay we do change bed linens every three days, while still refreshing your guestroom daily. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and have held a refresh training to ensure our team is looking for the "Together we can make a difference" card on the bed which requests the complete linen change. I do appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I must first explain the 4 stars. There are some obvious attention to detail things that the hotel management I am sure will address. Once they are addressed, the hotel will be without a doubt 5 stars. To start the staff is one of the BEST I have ever experienced. When I checked in the receptionist was friendly, humorous and welcoming. The room was comfortable (even the pull out bed) and well appointed. It has a weird configuration but it works for the the space. Location is great,directly across from the mall and the breakfast was actually more than I expected. The only thing I had go wrong was the heat. The thermostat went out, leaving the room a virtual oven, but it was PROMPTLY fixed by a very courteous and helpful gentlemen.

To the staff thank you for a great trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank devaughn1972

I have to say "Thank You" for your comments regarding our HYATT house hotel. It's great to hear such great compliments from someone as well traveled as yourself that has seen hotels in various cities. Also, I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping and Engineering team to ensure all preventative maintenance is performed on HVAC systems prior to guest arrival and am happy to learn that the issue was fixing promptly.

We look forward to your next visit to King of Prussia!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a king room with kitchenette. Very clean, stylish and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable and cushy. My only complaint is that they should provide one of those new absorbent bath mats for stepping out of the shower. The door sends a cascade of water that soon pools. The towel mat is not sufficient.
We love the made to order omelets each morning. Breakfast is complimentary.
We needed a couple days to relax and recharge and Hyatt House is the place to go. Very close to the mall and movie theater as well.

Room Tip: If one of you is an early riser you may want more of a separation between sleeping area and sitting...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stays at our HYATT house! It's very special to our associates to hear such great compliments as it takes the entire team. With our modern décor and amenities we are a perfect place for a weekend visit and appreciate your return visit. In regards to the water leaking from the shower we have identified the design issue (opened last year) and have updated all rooms at the hotel to prevent water from exiting the shower.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was my first stay at this Hyatt and I will no doubt stay again in the future. The entire hotel is immaculate and clean. My room was awesome! I had a full kitchen and plenty of room. The staff is friendly and the mall is a VERY short drive away...basically across the street. I caught the complimentary shuttle and found some amazing after-Christmas sales! I had a room that faced the highway, but I heard absolutely no highway noise. I did partake in the omelets from the omelet station both mornings, and I do agree with the reviews stating that the line gets a bit long...however; it is well worth the wait.

The bed was a tad firm and I did wake up with a backache, but the bed would most likely be comfortable for most. The shower was awesome, but do be aware that the only rooms with bathtubs are the Master Suite (which I really wanted, but the rooms were completely booked) and the Double Queen (which doesn’t have the kitchen I wanted). There was a bit of an issue with the TV reception for local channels, but maintenance came and fixed it for me. There was still some interruption in the local channels, but it was tolerable. I came here for some R&R away from the hubby and kids, but next time I come, I will be bringing the family. There is no other hotel that I would even consider staying in when in King of Prussia. Next time I’m booking the Master Suite!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

We are very happy to learn about your great experiences here at the HYATT house. Your comments have been celebrated with both our managers and associates. We have identified longer wait times at the omelet station and although good things are worth the wait we are working on ways to become more efficient to service our guest. Please do bring back the family anytime and I would be happy to assist in booking a Grand Master Suite! You can do the shopping and the family can relax at the hotel, play billiards or go swimming.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I would stay here again in a heartbeat! The room we stayed in had a king bed, pull out sofa, and full kitchen (including a full sized refrig, two burner cook top, dishwasher, microwave, and even a garbage disposal. The cupboards were very nicely stocked with just about anything you could need, including a corkscrew and potato peeler. The rooms are very, very nicely furnished, and leave you feeling very pampered, down to the toilet paper. Most hotels use generic brand sand-paper type toilet paper. Hyatt House uses Cottenelle. A small thing? Maybe. But I appreciate that they don't skimp on the small things. Nice indoor pool area with Jacuzzi. Nice dining area. Complimentary hot breakfast in the morning, including omlettes made to order, right in front of you! The only reason I didn't give Hyatt House 5 stars is because there is no 24-hour coffee available in the lobby like many other hotels have, and there is no flavored creamer for your coffee (a nice little touch that would be appreciated).

Room Tip: Room was very quiet most of the time. Only heard the neighbor's tv once, but I think they may ha...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OhioMom65

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and amenities. You're feedback regarding the small things made our associates day; we talk about the "small things" making such a lasting impression to our guest and appreciate you taking the time to point this out. I apologize for any inconvenience not having coffee available 24 hours/ day or flavored creamers caused; unfortunately this is not standard in the HYATT house brand but will pass along your comments to the Food & Beverage Team.

Thanks you again and we look forward to your return,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. The furnishings in both rooms were very nice. The bed was comfortable. They varied the hot dishes at the breakfast each day in addition to an omelet station. The staff was very nice and they gave us a list of local restaurants that were open Christmas eve and day.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. HYATT house King of Prussia finished #1 in 2012 for our entire brand in Likelihood to Recommend! Please think of us the next time you visit the King of Prussia area.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Changed my existing reservation at the Doubletree on short notice because I prefer newer hotels and got curious when reading all the enthusiastic reviews on Trip advisors current number 1. I wasn't disappointed at all and found a great weekend-rate on their website. When making the reservation I had mentioned that I would arrive early and also asked for a room on a higher floor. My wishes were met but when I entered the room I noticed that the windows were facing the highway. It wasn't that bad but nevertheless I called the front desk and asked if they could move me to the other side. My wish was granted in a heartbeat.

The room itself was wonderful and equipped with everything you could ask for. I especially liked the full kitchenette with flatware and even wine glasses, the comfortable bed and the big walk in shower.

Breakfast is free and of great quality, omelette station and Starbucks coffee included. They even serviced the tables and took away used flatware while asking for additional wishes.

The location practically within the mall area is unbeatable and they offer a free shuttle if you want to keep your car in the parking lot. Parking is free and there were lots of spaces.

It was my first stay at a Hyatt House but I enjoyed it as much that I immediately changed my existing reservation for D.C. and booked a Hyatt House there as well. Will always look for Hyatt Houses during my future travels now, that’s for sure!

Room Tip: If you like a room more quiet ask for a room facing the mall. I think that are the rooms with the un...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for providing us with such great detailed feedback in regards to your stay. Feedback such as this allows our team to celebrate all the great things that we concentrate on each and every day. Staying competitive within our market allows us to offer an exceptional product at a great value to our guests. Service is very important to us and it's great to know that you we're services quickly and efficiently when requesting to be moved to a room with a different view.

Thank you again and please do visit us again,