“Great find”

Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I love this new brand by Hyatt. It's a very fresh property in great shape. We were warmly greeted upon arrival.
The room, while not huge, is very intelligently laid out. The TV has HD service and the bed - it's the awesome Hyatt bed.
The shower pressure was fantastic and I love the tiny kitchenette.
The breakfast in the morning was abundant of options.

The only downsides were in the bathroom. When you open the shower door, all the water that sat on that ledge drips onto the floor, creating quite a mess. And how about a nightlight in the toilet part of the bathroom so you don't have to turn on the light when you get up in the middle of the night? Oh, and the bathroom has a sliding pocket door, so if you're traveling with someone who you might want a little more privacy around when using the toilet, you may want to think twice.

Otherwise, if you're traveling solo, this is a great option in this area. Even better if you need to be somewhere for a number of nights as it's well designed for long stays.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on multile occasions and will continue to return. It's conveniently located, clean, and employees are always helpful and attentive. Nice bar, perfect for winding down at the end of the day.

Room Tip: book well in advance
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My wife and I had to be in King of Prussia for a weekend. Instead of pawning my poor dog off on my parents yet again, I decided to bring him with us for the trip. He's a chocolate lab / beagel mix. Everyone always mistakes him for a lab puppy, but he's three now and well behaved. Finding places that are dog friendly can be difficult and it quickly narrows your search. We had three options. The first location I cannot remember, but it looked beneath even my dogs standards (and no I'm not being snobbish). The second was a Residence Inn, but they wanted a huge non-fundable pet deposit. Then there was Hyatt House which offered dogs up to 50 lbs for a more reasonable deposit.

All I'm going to say is that the rooms are updated for the traveler in mind. We were in outlet heaven. Every charger and home in a reasonable location. The kitchen was stocked with utencils and dishes that made our stay more pleasurable. Especially when we brought back leftovers from this wonderful Indian restaurant we went ate at. The bathrooms are clean and comfortable. The bed provided a good night's sleep.

We've stayed at Hyatt Place hotels, but I've never heard of Hyatt House hotels. I'm looking forward to investigating more locations for another dog weekend getaway.

Room Tip: If you are bringing your dog, ask for a room near the end of the hallway. A staircase in nearby and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank watchyoursix
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Was here for the night on business, what a pleasant stay! Great front desk staff and lovely lobby. My room was a king studio with kitchenette and I wish I could have stayed longer to make better use of it. I especially liked the sound machine/alarm clock/night light that helped drown out the noise from the highway outside the window. That was the only bad thing about this property and if you use this great gadget and leave the fan run in the bathroom it drowns it out. It was a great bed and the breakfast was excellent. I will go back.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, stay on the side facing the mall.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here 1 night while in town for a convention. As I was going to the convention and the rest of the family was going to the mall, it worked out very well. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, with my wife and I in the bedroom and my Mother in Law with my small daughter on the sofabed in the living area. It is fairly roomy, has a full kitchen, and both the king bed and the sofa bed were comfortable. Only inconvenience is that the only entrance to the bathroom is by going through the bedroom. Joe's Crab Shack is a short walk, and we really enjoyed our first-ever visit there as well. Free parking, and good breakfast completed the visit. Didn't get a chance to use the gym or pool, but they looked inviting. I will say that the person who said the breakfast was the best they ever saw doesn't get out much. It was above average, but I've seen better. Very nice made to order omelet, but other than that, 2 types of scrambled eggs, sausage and the obligatory french toast, plus bread, bagels and cereal. It was good, not great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ScubaTrek
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. it was very clean and good service.
if you travel with your family it is good place to stay , they have every thing for small cooking in the room like microwave , oven , dishes and ... ,
they serve very good warm breakfast and last but not least they are very close to a mall and shopping center.

Room Tip: Rooms close to elevators are a little bit noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip in the area. Room was spacious with a Fridge, Microwave, hob and dishwasher, however I did not use these. Bed was very comfortable and enjoyed some good nights sleep. However traffic was busy on the highway outside so I would suggest requesting a room away from the highway side. Wifi was free and signal of good quality
Hotel has a very basic and limited bar menu, however due to the hotels location, this did not pose a problem as lots of good places to eat in the area.
Hotel is directly across from the King of Prussia Mall and hotel offers a shuttle service to local area's. Staff were very friendly.
Point to note, the hotel bar only opens from 5pm to 10pm and is closed on Sunday's. There is no room service available,
Breakfast is basic, and the queue for the omlette station can be lengthy. Downside at breakfast also is plastic glasses are provided for juice.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway side of the hotel and on a higher floor as the bar area can som...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business