“Only one night but would love to stay longer”

Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The staff was friendly & attentive. The room was gorgeous & clean. I only regret that I didn't have time to check out the pool or the hotel bar. The lobby & bar area looked top notch.

Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed February 27, 2012

When you write reviews you should tell something about yourself that way others know the type of person writing the review. I am a business professional, age range 30-35, I've travelled a lot and stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure and make it a point to read trip advisor reviews before selecting a place to visit and a place to stay.

Pros: Staff extremely attentive (I'm a Hyatt gold member and my room was upgraded when I got to check in the minute they realized), the rooms are incredible spacious I had a 2 queen suite equipped with kitchenette, 46 inch LCD swivel tv, sofa and an armchair. The bathroom was large with separate sink area, very large closet and enough hangers. Breakfast hot and delicious, omelet station. Surroundings King of Prussia mall right across the street, movie theatre and a myriad of restaurants to chose from and a hop skip and jump from the pa turnpike, easy access to Philadelphia. Decor was modern and crisp very very nice.

Con: walls are thin the neighbors next to us were loud and rowdy in fairness the hotel people behave badly but we could hear them clearly through the walls.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We did a weekend trip to go snowboarding and shopping. We chose this hotel for its proximity to the King of Prussia Mall. Just a warning...it is Hyatt House now, so you need to look for the Hyatt House sign...there is no mention of Hotel Sierra anywhere.

We had a Studio Queen room. It had 2 queen beds, sitting area, and kitchen all in the same room. There was only one tv...it swung for viewing either from the couch or the beds. Kitchen was nice, with full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, etc. The room had a large shower only, no tub.

The room was clean. We did find a couple small things that were missed, but the beds were very clean, as was the kitchen and bath. Our room overlooked Rt 276...so it was a little loud with traffic noise. Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel

Our room included breakfast. There were a few hot items (scrambled eggs, a meat and a carb), cereal, bagels, and they made omelets to order. There were several times when the food needed to be replenished...we had to ask for it. Quality was ok...you get what your pay for.

There isn't a full restaurant, but you can get dinner at the bar. The menu is small, but food is good. Also, the bar serves complimentary drinks during happy hour...this is a nice touch.

The pool and workout facilities are very nice. And there is a pool table in the lobby.

There were a few things I noticed throughout the facility that could have been cleaned a little better. But it was a very nice facility, and for the most part clean...I'm just kind of picky.

The best thing about the hotel was the staff. Everyone was extremely nice, and wanted to make sure we had a very nice stay. The kids were treated as guests as well. They truly made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side opposite rt 276 are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TypeAMom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel (now called Hyatt House) this weekend. Took a roadtrip with my mom and sister for mom's birthday to see the King of Prussia Mall. Stayed in a two queen studio. The room was clean and spacious, and nicely decorated. Front desk staff were very friendly. Breakfast setup in the H bar off the lobby offered a good selection of food, and breakfast staff were efficient and friendly. Location of the hotel couldn't be better. It was right across the street from the mall. Overall a great experience. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrskmom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This was my first trip to King of Prussia. My boyfriend and I stayed for the weekend. This hotel was fabulous. We felt welcomed from the moment we arrived until we checked out. We stayed in the king suite and it was very modern and inviting. If you are visiting the area this hotel has everything you are looking for. I definitely recommend Hotel Sierra.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Thank you fellow reviewers for highlighting this property. It was fantastic! We stayed there this weekend and loved everything from the contemporary design, comfortable furnishings to the large common area with fireplace and pool table.. They offer a complimentary reception in the evening where they serve beer and wine and a complimentary breakfast that is, hands down, the best we've seen with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit and cereal and...made to order omelets. I was able to get an egg white omelet with veggies. My husband said the blueberry muffins were the best he'd ever eaten. We checked out the pool and fitness area and noticed they even have a coin laundry area (with a little counter area where you could be on your laptop while you wait- free wifi). Large workout room with lots of equipment.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room here- even the hallways have deeply padded carpeting.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel from 1/20-1/22 - from the moment we walked in we were ecstatic. Check in was quick - and the lobby was very modern and nicely decorated. I decided to splurge a bit and book the Grand Master King Suite. It was large, a separate living room area, 2 flat screen TV's, a soaking tub in the bedroom, stand up shower, all the amenities you would expect from a room with a mini kitchen area (microwave only, no stove). We went to the bar area both nights and enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. We did not feel like we were in King of Prussia Pennsylvania!! Breakfast had a good selection with an omelet station and the girl working the station was very hospitable. Every one of the staff we came in contact with was pleasant!! The only snag we had was when I was trying to reach the hotel - I couldn't figure out where I needed to turn off the main road running around the KOP mall; but once I figured it out - no more worries!! One thing - If you are thinking about going to Joe's Crab Shack (located right next to the Hotel) - my thoughts on it were - I am glad I went once but will prob. never return!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple