“I was really worried....but soooo pleasantly surprised”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: By King of Prussia Mall
Brooklyn, New York
“I was really worried....but soooo pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The reviews of this place on YELP may be misleading. It seems to have received a high star rating, but on closer inspection, it seems that YELP did not factor in over thirty one star reviews for whatever reason. They are however posted, so I read them and they were brutal. I went anyway. Why? I wanted to see the place and frankly, at 5 PM, it was too early for me for dinner and I had nothing else to do.

I walk in and is greeted by two twenty something hostesses at the front command center. They were efficient and nice, but hardly "bubbly." They explained that there are three sections to the restaurant...the first floor dining room, and upstairs dining room and the bar lounge. I looked over the menu that one of the young ladies provided and it seemed fine. I classify the food as American chain chic. My wife looked the chain up and the premise of the restaurant is seasonal somewhat healthy fare. I think my wife read that each dish does not exceed 475 calories, but that seems ambitious. Ok, I came, I saw and I left. by the time I got back to the car, my wife and I decided to turn back around and just relax and have a glass of wine at the bar. So, we went back and sat at the bar.

some of the YELP reviews commented on bad or indifferent service staff. I can attest that this was not the case at the bar. We were constantly although not overly, approached by the men and woman behind the bar to check on how we were doing throughout. Anyway, we looked at the wine list and the prices were distinctly Manhattan even though we were 100 miles away in King of Prussia. We had heard that there was a flatbread and flight happy hour special. THIS IS THE ONE TO ORDER!!!! you get a tasting of three wines and when you decide which one you like best, you get a glass of that. You also get to choose a flatbread to go along with it (the lobster flatbread has an upcharge.) this special is either $15 or $20 depending on which flight you order. A typical glass of wine alone runs roughly $13-$16 a glass.

We were told that there is usually a piano player in the bar lounge. what I had not noticed was that there is an actual piano behind the bar. A young lady walked in, sat, and started playing and singing. She didn't play the typical old piano classics from the great American songbook, but rather piano versions of new hits by imagine dragons and others. She was awesome and pretty easy on the eyes as well.

We closed out our time here by ordering another glass of wine each (at full price) and a couple of appetizers.

I will definitely stop back in the next time I am in King of Prussia. I will stroll in a little after 5PM and next time, will stay for dinner, but only in the Bar.

BTW, the hostesses at the front told me when we first walked in around 5 pm that if we had wanted to sit in the dining room for dinner, there would have been a 1 hour and 45 minute wait even though the first floor dining room was half empty. the first available seating for us would have been 8:15. Don't wait. I had a very nice time, but judging from the appetizers, I expect the food to be passable not spectacular. At the bar, however, you just grab a table as someone vacates. The ambiance at the bar is better anyway and the wait time much more manageable.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank fongghoul

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Nice Ending to the Day”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went out with friends to see a show and stopped here for dinner afterward. We were able to reserve our table on line on the ride to the restaurant. We saw where it was ranked high on trip advisor and it did not disappoint. Service was excellent, just the right amount of attention, not too much, not too little. The food was excellent, and the portions were spot on. (Didnt leave feeling stuffed, just right). I had the corn soup - excellent. The steak salad was excellent, and the dessert was awesome. The atmosphere, good company, and good food make this a definite return trip.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Mwlittle
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Just love this place. We went this time on an AMEX card promo and had a delicious dinner and a super waiter. Love to come to this restaurant and we're so glad this is in our area

2 Thank Nancy V
Radnor, Pennsylvania, USA
“Consistent”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Consistently excellent service by staff. No rushing. Had lobster flatbread special and sushi and it was delicious. Light bright flavors. As always, the restaurant was full with a lovely hum.

3 Thank Vivian P
Phila, Pa
“Unique and excellent”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Dined here several times.food was excellent. Blair our server was great-very attentive and professional. Wine was good but pricey. All entrees under 475 calories- you'd never know it! Highly recommended

3 Thank lermndo