“Mistakenly Charged $380 After Checked Out”

Valley Forge Convention Center
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I made reservation on 5/29 through hotels.com. I made the payment of $512.79 immediately of course. I have stayed there from 6/16 - 6/21. The facility itself is OK. Since I was there for my son's camp so during the day I stayed in the room working. The wifi internet basically is none, kept disrupted. We have to use the line connection. This means in the evening when my son came back, we only have one laptop online. These are all bearable. The problem is the afterwards charge. When I checked out, I called reception desk ahead. I was told nothing needed doing, just drop the key cards to bin. We did. Surprisingly, weeks later, when I got my AE credit card, I saw there is a charge $382.80 on the day after I checked out. I called hotels.com twice. The first time, the customer service even asked me whether I am sure this is the hotel I have made reservation through hotels.com. The second time, the lady asked me to hold and told me she would called the hotel to check. Ten minutes later, I was told this was a mistake and she apologized to me. Imagine if you don't check your credit card transaction, this charge will be slipped in. The way Hotels.com handled my phone call, I have a feeling this happened quite often. This is my first time use hotels.com. I don't think I will use it anymore. Also, if you decide to stay at Valley Forge, be carefully to check your credit card afterwards.

There are newer reviews for Valley Forge Convention Center

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's hard to separate the convention center from everything else as it's really like one big package. The location is great with Valley Forge Park just up the road and the King of Prussia Mall just down the road. Quality restaurants are less than a 5 minute ride if you choose not to dine in the hotel/resort. There is a casino to do a bit of gambling in, several bars on site each with it's own feel, a place to dance, and often headline entertainment. Rooms are quite reasonable. Upon arrival they have free valet parking as well. If you have business in the area or simply want a mini-vaca this is a good choice.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Liked everything being close by, it was a good learning experience. I couldn't find anything to complain about.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Not worth the trip there. Why pay that much for a DJ ? It's not a NYC club.
Meanwhile, soccer teams are checking in to the hotel upstairs.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a great time in the Casino!!! Just a great place to play...
We had exceptional valet parking then membership based Casino is always the best because that keeps the riff ruffs out. A for the food it was the best, especially the sushi.