“This hotel just never dissapoints”

Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel and the staff (Kelly and her team) have actually made me excited for business travel.
I continue to be amazed at the detail that is paid to ensuring an amazing customer experience at every point - from check in, to the restaurant and the bar staff everyone here treats you like royalty and goes out of there way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. The rooms are so luxurious and the hotel is 5 mins from one of the greatest malls in the country. Doesn't get better than that! i can't speak more highly of the Sheraton Valley Forge and the staff here, an overall wonderful experience every time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SVFGM, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear leigh m,

Thank you for being our guest at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, we sincerely appreciate your loyalty and feedback. Rest assured that I will share your comments with Kelly and the Guest Services team, as they work extremely hard to exceed our guest's expectations in every last detail. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

How lovely this newly renovated hotel is! I stay in this area twice a year and have finally found THE hotel to stay at! From our welcome to our departure, Roman .. The front desk manager was extremely accommodating. We were treated like extra special guests! The furnishing in the rooms are all brand new. The bathrooms are all updated and fresh and clean. We had difficulty getting the room temperature steady, however it was extremely cold outside, so maybe that impacted the heating in the room. The breakfast buffet is moderately priced at $14.95., but made to order.. And worth it. The use of computers at the "link" makes printing boarding passes a breeze. I have already booked a return visit, as this hotel is a gem! It truly was an unexpected surprise to find such nice accommodations.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear MaDonna S,

Thank you for your kind review of the Sheraton Valley Forge. I'm thrilled that you have finally found your "home away from home" when travelling in Valley Forge! I will be certain to share your thoughtful words about Roman and the rest of our team- they work extremely hard to exceed expectations and enjoy the recognition of a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back for your return visit!

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed! Stayed for almost a week. Hotel is very nice, clean, and modern. Great fitness room and pool. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. King bed was very comfortable and sofa bed was ok for a sofa bed. Breakfast is wonderful, but a little overpriced. Fabulous location, close to the King of Prussia mall. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear RC2003,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Valley Forge. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad that we were able to accomplish this for you. Thanks for mentioning our convenient location, spacious fitness center, and friendly staff in your review. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

It's the second time I've stayed here and meets many of of my standards.

Great staff
Clean soundproof rooms
Large bathrooms
Good bar
Easy to get to
Nice restaurant
Modest room rates

You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SVFGM, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear HOWZAT2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. We appreciate that you have recommended our property to other travelers. I have shared your comments with our team, and we very much look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here for a two night stay to attend a conference that was held in this hotel. I'm not a regular Sheraton customer, and I'll admit that my expectations weren't very high before arriving here.

The hotel check in was very pleasant and professional, and my room was clean and well appointed. Meals in the hotel were good, the hotel service throughout the conference went well and the front desk gave us a great recommendation when we went offsite for dinner. Very pleased with the stay and my only negative comment was just the fact that some of the Starwood Properties such as these tend to set the lighting in the rooms and hallways a little too dark for my personal tastes, in an effort to set a cool tone. Not a big deal and I just turned on some more lights as needed. Pleasantly suprised with my stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Onhill,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest during your recent visit to Valley Forge. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your experience. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations, as that is always our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful Sheraton property located a minute's drive from the King of Prussia Mall; yet even avid shoppers may find themselves anticipating their time at the SVFH as much as their shopping trip. Strictly with regard to the physical property, this is the most attractive, comfortable, and clean Sheraton property I've stayed at anywhere, leave alone in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. While I could wax poetic (ok a bit too eager perhaps), for the sake of brevity I will cover the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Rooms are spacious, well laid out, and comfortably appointed. Beds are a bit more comfortable than typical Sheraton Sweet Sleeper's.
- Hotel has a good number of suites and "studios" (large junior suites) which are typically priced only marginally higher than the standard rooms. Both types are quite spacious and comfortable.
- With only a few exceptions, I have found the hotel staff to be extraordinary, especially for a Sheraton. I was greeted by name by staff I hadn't met after just a few brief stays, and the staff are always engaged and willing to help out however they can. The Front Office Manager Roman and the Guest Services Supervisor James are both very hands on and dedicated to providing excellent service, qualities which are reflected in their staff. I think that the complaints about service here may mostly be the result of the few exceptions, which I will get to below.
- Gym is a good size, well equipped for a variety of activities, and very clean. Same with pool and hot tub.There are always towels and fresh fruit available (as there is throughout the hotel).
- Housekeeping is excellent.
- Ballroom spaces look like a great place for events and weddings.
- Very reasonable rates and Starpoint redemption cost.
- The food in the restaurant is quite good, albeit not cheap.
- The hotel exudes and aura of luxury rarely seen at Sheratons.

Cons (with the exception of the first these are fairly minor):
- The high standards of the regular hotel staff are almost completely reversed when it comes to the restaurant and food staff. The bartenders are very friendly and do a good job with the basics (their cocktail repertoire is quite limited). The waitstaff at Ralph's is amateurish at best. They aren't informed about the food and don't seem to care much about your meal or experience. Waiters should not need to ask the kitchen basic questions about staple menu items, nor should guests need to bring signal flares to capture their attention. The breakfast and Club lounge crew is similarly apathetic. One morning breakfast still wasn't out 1/2 hour after it was supposed to begin, and I was scolded by the attendant for taking fruit out of the lone bowl of food (he also audibly muttered that I was "disgusting" for carefully picking out a few strawberries without using the tongs that he hadn't even brought out yet.) This shortcoming needs to be addressed.
- The main hall is beautifully tiled with marble, but this serves to make the entire area incredibly loud when it is busy. This problem is exacerbated by the hotel's propensity to attract obnoxiously loud guests (not their fault). Otherwise the main lounge is really nice, especially in the winter when the glass fireplace is going.
- While the bathrooms are quite nice and well appointed (though lacking a bathtub for all but accessible rooms and one bedroom suites), I can't stand the showers without a door or curtain. These are only found in the one bedroom suites. No door + strong water pressure = very wet floor.
- Some rooms can be quite a hike from the elevators.

In short this hotel is my favorite in or around Philadelphia, exceeding even it's "luxury" Starwood brethren like the Westin. With some adjustments to some areas of service, the SVFH may stand as the Platonic ideal of a mid-luxury hotel.
-B.Burman

• Stayed: December 2013
SVFGM, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear TicklishSubject,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review of the Sheraton Valley Forge. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites, "extraordinary" hotel staff, fitness center, housekeeping service, food and overall ambiance of the hotel. We work hard to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad that we were able to accomplish this for you. So that we may be able to provide you with an even more comfortable experience upon your return to the hotel, all of our rooms with 2 queen beds have a traditional bathtub with a shower curtain in place of the open glass shower in our King bed rooms. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been attending baseball card shows at the Valley Forge Convention Center for the past 4 -5 years. I have always stayed at the nearby Radisson. It use to be my favorite but has sunk to new lows since it converted to a Casino. There were just too many things wrong with it. So, It came time for me to find a new place to stay.
I found out about this Sheraton and decided to take a chance. It was less than 3 minutes away from the Convention Center. The Hotel was very clean and spacious. Room was very modern and in perfect condition. Loved the bed and slept so deeply. People working the front desk were very friendly and made me feel very welcome.
I will be back for another show in a few months and plan to stay here again. This time I will check out their Gym and pool.
WiFi was very fast but you will have to pay for it. Since I was only here one night, I didn't mind.
Had my dinner and breakfast delivered to the room. Thought the food was real good but too pricey (my only complaint).
If you are looking for a quiet, clean, friendly place to stay, I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SVFGM, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear BrooklynBoy0452

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel. We appreciate that you "took a chance" and provided us with the opportunity to serve you, and we are glad that you enjoyed your experience. Rest assured I will share your kind words with our team, as I am certain they will be proud to have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon.