“The best Sheraton ever - Ultimate in service...”

Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reston, Virginia
“The best Sheraton ever - Ultimate in service...”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am a platinum member at Sheraton and stay at a number of Sheraton properties every week. When in Philadelphia, my work requires me to be near downtown and I don't have any problem with either Downtown or Society Hill Sheraton. Every time I end up staying at The Valley Forge Sheraton, I have to re-adjust my service standards. I truly don't even mind the bad commute from King of Prussia to Northeast Philadelphia.
This is a new Sheraton near the King of Prussia Mall with everything simply classy. Just a delight to use these new rooms that looks like never been used before. I can list it all but in short everything is worth the visit. What makes it the best Sheraton ever is the service. The manager (Mr. Roman) always calls me with my last name even if I am not there that often. Unlike other Sheraton, Mr. Roman always offers a better room before I have to ask or even think about it. He never fails to apology for not being able to offer something that I was not expecting anyways. One might say this may be a one person doing a great job but everyone at this location is worth remembering. The lady at the club room (Ms. Salam) remembers my name as if I am the only customer. She would be among the be most courteous folks I met. Where is Sheraton hiring these guys from? I truly feel like a family at this hotel. There is absolutely nothing that I could fix better. I wish this hotel was near my job so I could book the entire year here. I think, this hotel must be visited simply because of the service and quality they offer. I cannot resist but to write a review to show my gratitude. Thank you Sheraton !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TaniB474
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the Sheraton Valley Forge hotel. We work hard to exceed the expectations of our guests, so it is very satisfying to know that we have succeeded in providing such memorable experiences for you. It was very kind of you to mention two of our employees who have gone above and beyond by name. I will be certain to personally share this review with them, and I'm sure it will make there day. Thanks again, we look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this hotel! It is my new home away from home when traveling to the area for work. Before I found the Sheraton Valley Forge, I had to stay at another hotel and I always dreaded having to travel for business because of it. Now, I look forward to every trip! The staff is so nice and accomodating, the restaurant is amazing, the rooms are gorgeous - brand new and exceptionally clean and finally the gym is wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel for any stay in the area!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank leigh m
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Sheraton Valley Forge here on Trip Advisor. We are glad that your experiences have been so wonderful and we are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here due to a convention in the area. This hotel is amazing. Rooms are super spacious. Most comfortable bed I ever slept in. Front desk staff was nice. Floor to ceiling windows. Can't complain at all!

• Stayed May 2013
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing you recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge here on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that we provided you with such a positive experience. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Geography - If you want to be in King of Prussia, then this is a great spot. Convenient to the mall, restaurants, and Valley Forge. The geography of the place was the high point for me.

Facility:
Parking - The parking is not particularly convenient. If you are tired, you face a longer than typical walk to get in the front doors. It is not terrible, but after getting in from a long flight, it was not a welcome sight. The little bit of extra exercise is good for you. - Embrace it.

Lobby - The lobby is quite nicely done. You walk straight towards the bar with the desk set-off to the side a bit. Pleasant.

Decor - The place is fairly new, but I found it dismally decorated. Many of the walls are gray with too soft lighting in the hallways. I was no only unimpressed, but I found it too dark. On the "bright" side, everything looks really new.

Room - I stayed in a standard room and it was very nice. The beds are great as well. The shower pressure was fantastic. I need that at home. Be careful with the hot water. Crazy hot - very fast!

Service:
Maintenance - My phone went on the fritz in my room. I thought there was something wrong me me, but thankfully it turned out to be the phone. No complaint with this issue since things like this happen from time to time. Maintenance was quick to come trouble shoot the problem.

Internet - Problems - Not free / included in the room price which I find crazy in this day and age. - I will not criticize too badly because I did not ask for help due to being too tired from long work days. Who wants to spend time on the phone with a techie when I never have trouble at other hotels. Anyway, I could not get the service to work. I tried three times with my Mac, and failed three times in getting the connection to work. On the humorous side, their system is good with billing on the attempts. I had three charges on my check-out bill for my three attempts in the span of 5 minutes. Those charges would have been for a full day of service so they tried to charge me for 3 full days of service. They need to fix their billing software.

Breakfast - A dismal value. You pay $15 bucks to sit in a too dark room (new though) eating a fairly limited selection of food. You do have a chef for omelets, but the value and selection are substandard.

Bar - The first night the bartender may have had a tough night, because is was abrupt to the point of being rude with us on getting service close to closing. We had to go out to grab something to eat.

Room Service - Substandard - I order room service at crazy hours sometimes. Their room service shuts down at either 10 or 11pm. If you are hungry thereafter, then you will have to find another source of food.

Summary:
Overall, the place is nice, and apparently well liked because I hear it is tough to get a room sometimes. Aside from the good location, I would not stay there again. I will certainly investigate other options first.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Valley Forge hotel. I am sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations and we will certainly work hard to address the areas of concern that you have brought to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My Wife booked this hotel for my birthday weekend getaway. Great choice. It's near the King of Prussia Mall. Access to shopping and restaurants. Our room its self was nice. Double beds, 42 in. Flat screen TV and a mini fridge. The room was spotless. The bathroom was a nice size. Had trouble getting out the shower because the water just felt so good. The closet had a mini dresser in it and a safe. Parking is a little weird. Where we parked and entered the building from was the 4th floor. Registration is on the 3rd floor. We happened to get a room on the 4th floor so that worked out. Check in was taken care of by Roman. A nice guy he made check in a breeze. We ate elsewhere but there was a restaurant on the property. There also was room service available. We didn't use the Gym. But I did enjoy the whirlpool. Overall it was a great hotel. I'd recommend it to others and I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your review of the new Sheraton Valley Forge. Our team takes great pride in our service and product and we are glad that you had such a wonderful experience. On behalf of the entire Sheraton Valley Forge staff, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed only one night here to attend a local dance competition. The hotel is located minutes from the King of Prussia Mall and was very easy to get to. The staff was very attentive when we arrived and the hotel room was immaculate. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. There was also a refrigerator which some comparable hotels do not offer. I lifted the window shade and was pleased to have a view of a beautiful indoor pool and an inviting outdoor fire with plenty of seating. All that I was missing was a glass of wine and more time to spend there...
I would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the new Sheraton Valley Forge. We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience and we are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This property is brand new, well-appointed, and very conveniently located to the Pa. turnpike and the shopping, restaurants, and businesses in the area. On weekends, it's a fairly easy drive to center city. Lovely pool in an atrium near a very well-equipped gym.

Here's the problem. While settling in I was disturbed by the persistent sounds of someone aggressively trying to open my door. Luckily I had the dead bolt and latch on. This was no mistaken guest, however, but a bellman attempting to bring another family into my room, despite the "do not disturb sign". While I realize that those signs can be left on in error, that combined with the latch and deadbolt should have indicated that the room was occupied. As a solo female traveler, this was very unsettling. When I saw that it was a bellman, I opened the door to find that another family had been assigned my room. They all stayed right outside the door (by now it was after 10:30 p.m.) while he called the desk to try to sort it out. Some time after they left and after well after 11 p.m., a manager knocked on the door (again the do not disturb sign was still on) to ask my name because they had the room as vacant in their computer. I had to present photo id and a major credit card to check in and was given a key with the room number on it, along with my gold status Starwood card and they didn't have my name? Needless-to-say I didn't get to sleep for quite some time as I was alert for each noise in the hall wondering if that person would be trying to get in as well. Not good when the alarm is set for 6 a.m.

Room Tip: Corridors are very long. If you need to be near the elevators, or the pool, meeting rooms, etc. be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Valley Forge. We are very sorry for the challenge that occurred with your room. Rest assure this is not a normal occurrence and we will be certain to correct the issue so that it does not happen again. I will be sending you a private message via Trip Advisor so that I may further assist you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.