“Nice, new property”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice, new property”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here in late December, 2012, just 2 months after it opened. The lobby is large and airy, the staff friendly and the rooms right for the price. There's a large internet area in the lobby with workstations and TVs. WiFi in the rooms is not free. The fellow tending bar was a little rough around the edges, not quite what I expected in a hotel bar. I would recommend the hotel to a friend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelsOffen
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback, I'm glad that we were able to welcome you as our guest at the new Sheraton Valley Forge. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Sheraton Valley Forge while on a shopping trip to the Phila. Premium Outlets and KOP mall. Even though we live within 30 miles we decided to make it an overnight trip. What a great choice this hotel was.

Pros - brand new hotel, spacious and clean rooms, really great location, large and comfortable common areas, staff (thanks for all your help James - you really helped our get away be a memorable one), restaurant, cost, etc.

Cons - none.

While I mentioned James previously, I would be remiss if I didn't stress how helpful, courteous and accommodating he was. Sheraton should be proud and is definitely lucky to have him on their staff.

I am usually a fan of another hotel chain (won't mention in this review) but this Sheraton has left an impression and I will definitely stay here again. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CMCPhiladelphia_PA
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We work hard to exceed each of our guest's expectations and I am pleased to see that we were able to do so for you. I have shared your feedback with James in Guest Services and he is very happy to have been recognized. Thank you again for your time, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon!
London, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am already a loyal Starwood member but I was pleasantly surprised at the level of service and style at this Sheraton. I was in the area on business and it was very close to the location of my meetings and the mall. The restaurant and bar served good food and drinks. The room was nicely decorated, clean and quiet. The only issue was the lack of hot water on the day of my departure. I told the front desk staff, as did my colleauges and they did nothing offset the inconvenience. Despite this small issue, I will stay again if visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Onvacation5
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. The hot water challenge you experienced has been addressed and we look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon.
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had a great time at this hotel and feel inclined to write a long review. I stayed once to visit people in the area, and then decided to come back again multiple times as an escape from a Hurricane Sandy power outage.

This brand new Sheraton is similar to some of the new ones that have a very "four star feel" to them. The rooms are average size, but very nicely designed and appointed. The studio suite is definitely the better value. If it's not much more, and within your budget, the studio suite will give you a large well designed space that is extremely comfortable and has a HUGE bathroom with double sinks. The hotel layout can require a lot of walking, and if walking is an issue request a room near the elevator. There were some minor design glitches. The studio suite BR had no soap dish or any place to put anything in the stall. The regular room shower stalls were half open and water tended to spill. The lobby lets in a lot of cold air which tends to make people at one side of the bar cold. These are all minor glitches which I'm sure will be addressed in time and shouldn't discourage anybody from staying there.

The van service to the mall was very convenient and reliable. I had quite some time to meet staff, and they were all great. The lobby has a very comfortable computer lab with great monitors and convenient printing.

The restaurant requires special mention. It's not your typical hotel restaurant. It's actually a satellite location of a great Philly restaurant. The Italian food was great, and this is the type of place you could bring a client. It often gets booked and is patronized by local residents. It's not budget priced, but you feel like you're paying for high quality rather than just hotel markup. The portions were also large.The price was very reasonable for high quality food in a hotel. The bar was great too, with amazing bar staff. The bar manager is very passionate about his work and an awesome person. I would patronize the restaurant and bar if I lived in the area.

This is a great new property with beautiful rooms, a great staff, a great bar, and and a top notch Italian restaurant. It is convenient to KOP Mall, and several nearby universities. I look forward to returning to The Sheraton Valley Forge.

Room Tip: Studio suites here are a great value unlike some hotels; if walking is an issue request close to the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank csj81
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to serve you during the difficult aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. This was a challenging time for us all and I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comforting experience in the midst of a less than desirable situation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Valley Forge soon...under better circumstances!
Delaware
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel opened in October after buying a Clarion property and tearing it down to build this one. I see others have noted the staff lacking, but everyone I spoke to knew what they were doing. Even if they didn't, I was happy to stay here, as everything is brand new with no wear and tear and layers of dust in unseen places. The hotel is a large square with a courtyard in the middle. I had to walk 3 very long corridors to get to my room and found out the next day that going the other way made it shorter. So if walking that distance is not for you, request a room close to the elevator. All in all, it was a very nice experience for an overnight shopping trip to the King of Prussia area.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to elevator to avoid long walks.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank delgal
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton soon!
Auburn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Recently stayed here on a girls weekend of shopping at the King of Prussia Mall. The hotel was very clean, our room, the halls, the elevtors, lobby etc.... All staff we encountered were very pleasent and helpful. The price was very fair especially for such a nice facility. If you are shopping and visitng as we were it is super easy to find from the mall approx 1 mile. The only issue we had was the water in our sink in our bathroom took at least three minutes (with no exageration) to get hot/warm, so brrrr when you wash your hands when done in the failities lol.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Holly B
HJK27, General Manager at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the new Sheraton Valley Forge. I'm glad that your experience was a positive one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I arrived at the Sheraton on Thursday morning maybe around 11 a.m, after a long flight I really just wanted to shower and take a nap. I was greeted by a young lady named Courtney who was super sweet & pleasant. I told her I would like to check in, she did inform me that check in wasn't until 3, and unfortunately my room (suite) wasn't ready yet. She was super apologetic, and I could tell she felt bad. She then immediately grabbed a phone and made a call (I'm assuming it was to housekeeping) and asked if they could have a room ready for me as soon as possible. She was told it would be a few minutes and I was completely fine with that. I appreciated her effort, I've been to several hotels where the front desk is pretty strict on their "check-in is at 3" policy. While I was waiting, we began chatting, she told me where everything in the hotel was located and even offered to look up directions to where my business meeting would be held the next day. She was truly a sweetheart and she made an awesome first impression on the hotel. When I arrived into my room, it was super modern and I loved the layout of the studio suite, the bed was also amazing. Great room, Great service, Awesome experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for recognizing Courtney in our Guest Services Department. Your kind words have been shared with our entire team, and we greatly appreciate your recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton soon!