“Casino - rip off”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Philadelphia
“Casino - rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Annoyed. Spent a lot of money on the floor and for the life of me I could not get a drink. I actually sat at the empty bar for over 20 minutes and the bartender never came up to me!!! I finally got off the stool and went to him and asked him why he ignored me. He said I was sitting near the gift pick-up so he assumed I didn't want a drink. After losing all my money a drink would have been nice.

• Stayed February 2013
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
It is never pleasant to hear that we have not provided a valued guest with exceptional levels of service. We certainly did not come anywhere near meeting the level of service that we require our employees to provide in your instance. The gift pickup area is away from the bar and that should not affect servicing a customer. This clearly was a failure on our part and be assured it has been reviewed with the individuals responsible for maintaining service levels in that area. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Hebrew first
Tafton, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My sister and I checked in Friday evening to the Casino Hotel. Our room was disqusting. I called down and was "promised" it would be cleaned and we did not need to stay. Returning later to NOTHING was done. Called again....offered to be upgraded to the Radisson which we took. Nice room however, appearances can decieving....as this was maintenance's dream room. More empty promises of points and apps or dessert, blah blah blah.
As we were packing Sunday morning my sister said "maintenance is go to be bored when we leave". I completed an email survey, which I received a response stating that (name given) would be in touch ....I have NEVER heard from this person.

Room Tip: Sleep number bed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KRNPa
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. While it is unacceptable to experience the conditions you described, it is more concerning to hear that we did not respond to your issues as was promised. We work very diligently with all our staff to instill the concept of follow through and ownership of a problem and I apologize that this did not happen with your issues. Be assured that this will be thoroughly reviewed with the departments that would have been involved in this scenario to reinforce our expectations for service and quality levels and recovery if necessary. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.
san jose
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place was not impressive. Maybe it is because I live so close to Vegas and have higher standards of what a casino should be like. Maybe it is because I do not smoke and in fact hate the smell of people killing themselves softly. Maybe it is because I believe in customer service and do not enjoy waiting at a half empty bar 20 minutes for a beer. Maybe it is because I do not enjoy paying a cover? to get into a casino. Who knows? There are many reasons why I was not impressed, but I know I will not be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. It is always concerning to hear that we have not met a guests expectations, but also an opportunity to correct issues so future guests are not inconvenienced. There is no excuse for waiting 20 minutes for a beer in any situation and it is certainly not acceptable by our standards and expectations of our associates. We do have a substantial air exchange in the casino to minimize the effects of smoking. This prevents smoke from accumulating in the facility but does not totally eliminate the odor. We are evaluating several systems at this time that will further reduce the odor. The casino offers several excellent promotions for entry into the casino that many customers are taking advantage of. I hope that you would reconsider and return to experience these enhancements.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I took an overnight trip to the Valley Forge Casino Hotel in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. We purchased a Groupon for the trip. afterwards, I read a number of bad reviews and was a little concerned. We had no problems checking in and had a great room on the top floor of the hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the room was in good shape. We had two large windows overlooking the parking lot, but noise was no issue. The staff we dealt with were very polite and helpful. Our Groupon included $40 restaurant credit and $50 gaming credit for $99. At the suggestion of the desk clerk, we had dinner at the Valley Tavern, located in the adjacent Raddison Hotel. Great meal for the price. After dinner, we tried our luck at the Casino. We received access cards as part of the hotel stay. My wife signed up for the loyalty program, which gave her an additional $20 gaming credit. The Casino was small and the smoking area did effect my allergies. However, I won enough at the slots to pay for the Groupon, gas, the tip at dinner and the room tax.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. Get a room on the West side if possible, since it overlooks the Val...
1 Thank ChrisfromDE
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. As you found, there are a number of promotions that offer free play or gift cards that enhance the casino experience. We hope you return often to enjoy our hospitality.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Bought a groupon to try this casino/resort out. Stayed in the casino towers. Not the Radisson Hotel. The room was a king non smoking. Room size was good. Quiet. Bathroom was good size with a huge NON WORKING jacuzzi tub. Disappointment there. The room was clean, no serious defects. Just old and in need up updating. Bed and bedding was clean and comfy. Staff were friendly, check in took no time at all. (once we found the check in area. Did not see any signs directing you to hotel check in) In the elevator is a button that says Hotel Registration, it’s on the key panel.

Room Tip: Casino is small, but not crowded. Staff seem friendly enough.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We appreciate your input and we will use this information in our continuous improvement process at the resort. We hope you return to experience our hospitality in the near future.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

If I could give this a 2.5 rating I would. I stayed at this hotel overnight during the week. I booked this hotel through Priceline and had that not happened, I don't think I would choose this place if all I wanted to do was use the hotel part. First, figuring out where to go to check into the hotel was very confusing, the signs in the parking lot weren't very helpful. The guy at the front desk I interacted with was nice and friendly though. My room was clean and large. There is a bed, chair, desk, table, armoire and the bathroom has a huge jacuzzi tub. However, the rooms are old. Perhaps they were really nice 20 years ago, but they are in desperate need of remodeling. Everything from the tube TV to the sink to the curtains. One annoying this is that if you wanted to use the business center or grab stuff for breakfast, you had to walk all the way around to the Renaissance hotel which is connected to the tower. This is quite inconvenient. I didn't have a bad experience, I just was completely unimpressed and disappointed at the age of the room. I just would not stay here again if given the choice unless I was there to play in the casino, then I might consider it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank stallenjan
I appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. We are in the process of planning capital improvements over the next two years and the Casino Tower rooms are included in those plans. We will be installing flat screen TV’s in all the Casino Tower rooms at the end of February as the initial stage of the improvement process. We are in the process of updating signage for the Casino Tower front desk at this time. This should substantially reduce the confusion of locating the area. We are planning a satellite business center in the tower area to eliminate the walk to the Radisson Hotel. The American Grill in the Food Court of the casino is open 24 hours and does feature breakfast items in the morning. Thank you for your comments; I hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you in the future so you can experience the on-going improvements.
Kenner, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The new casino is beautiful. There are like 7 restaurants both in the casino and in the hotel. It's a great one stop shop for hotel and entertainment. Also right next to the huge king of Prussia mall and the shuttle will take you over.

• Stayed January 2013
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our guests always comment on the convenience of the casino and the King of Prussia Mall. They say it is the best of both worlds.