“Reconsider if staying here just for the hotel”

Valley Forge Casino Resort
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Houston, Texas
“Reconsider if staying here just for the hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

If I could give this a 2.5 rating I would. I stayed at this hotel overnight during the week. I booked this hotel through Priceline and had that not happened, I don't think I would choose this place if all I wanted to do was use the hotel part. First, figuring out where to go to check into the hotel was very confusing, the signs in the parking lot weren't very helpful. The guy at the front desk I interacted with was nice and friendly though. My room was clean and large. There is a bed, chair, desk, table, armoire and the bathroom has a huge jacuzzi tub. However, the rooms are old. Perhaps they were really nice 20 years ago, but they are in desperate need of remodeling. Everything from the tube TV to the sink to the curtains. One annoying this is that if you wanted to use the business center or grab stuff for breakfast, you had to walk all the way around to the Renaissance hotel which is connected to the tower. This is quite inconvenient. I didn't have a bad experience, I just was completely unimpressed and disappointed at the age of the room. I just would not stay here again if given the choice unless I was there to play in the casino, then I might consider it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank stallenjan
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. We are in the process of planning capital improvements over the next two years and the Casino Tower rooms are included in those plans. We will be installing flat screen TV’s in all the Casino Tower rooms at the end of February as the initial stage of the improvement process. We are in the process of updating signage for the Casino Tower front desk at this time. This should substantially reduce the confusion of locating the area. We are planning a satellite business center in the tower area to eliminate the walk to the Radisson Hotel. The American Grill in the Food Court of the casino is open 24 hours and does feature breakfast items in the morning. Thank you for your comments; I hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you in the future so you can experience the on-going improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Hebrew first
Kenner, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The new casino is beautiful. There are like 7 restaurants both in the casino and in the hotel. It's a great one stop shop for hotel and entertainment. Also right next to the huge king of Prussia mall and the shuttle will take you over.

• Stayed January 2013
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our guests always comment on the convenience of the casino and the King of Prussia Mall. They say it is the best of both worlds.
Abington, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Valley Forge Casion just this pass weekend, and I couln't wait to write a comment about our stay there. It was awful I can't believe that they didn't spend any money remodeling the hotel when they built the casino.....come on they didn't even have flat screens TV's, all the furniture in the room was old and it was not a comfortable stay at all. We went down to eat in the food court, and the staff was so rude......And that Casino the machices "sucked up twenty dollar bills like a vaccum" with no return. I for one would not return and would not encourage anyone else that I know to patronize this casino.

Room Tip: Do not stay here........
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynne W
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. It is disappointing to hear that you did not find our staff friendly and accommodating. There is a great deal of time and effort spent with all our staff to instill the culture of exceptional and friendly guest service and it is disappointing to hear when that was not the experience of a guest. We will be installing flat screen televisions in the Casino Tower by the end of February. We are also reviewing capital plans for 2013 and 2014 which will substantially enhance our product. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and we will continue to strive to provide every guest an exceptional level of service and quality.
Mechanicsburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I went with another couple for an overnight and used a Groupon deal. Stayed in the Tower area. Room was huge, didn't have to pay $10 to get in the casino, could have checked in at the towers, no problems. Great place. Good times. Don't know where some of the bad reviews came from unless they just became more strict. room was clean and bed was comfy. Casino had decent food. We did Italian because it was Sunday and the steak restaurant is not open for dinner on Sun or Monday. Would go back!!!

• Stayed January 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the Groupon deal. While the Groupon may be past there are several other membership deals that offer a wonderful value and free play. We hope you return soon and often.
Erial
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The groupon deal was a perfect girls night getaway. Cost $99 and gave you $50 in slot play (which we shared) and $40 for dinner. They also suggested my friend sign up for a casino card which gave us an additional $20 which we used for breakfast. I agree with other posters that check in is weird in that it is not signed, on a different floor, and looks nothing like a normal hotel check in. But the girl who checked us in was very pleasant & accommodated our wishes for 2 beds and a window view. We both thought the room was large, nicely laid out & clean. Beds were very comfortable. The negatives about the room - it's 2013 - time to ditch the old TV and put flat panels in. If you are going to have a very inviting looking huge whirlpool in the room - have it working. Or at least tell us it is not before people use a 100 gallons of water to fill it. Had dinner at the Tavern restaurant next door at the Radisson and the breakfast buffet at Nosh Dei. Both were good. All in all we had a great stay. Might even come back if another groupon comes up!

Room Tip: There are rooms here with no windows that are on inside hallways - make sure to ask for a room with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay and found the Groupon deal to be a good value. We are improving directional signage to the Casino Tower registration desk in the near future which will eliminate having to ask or search for the desk and we are installing flat screens by the end of February. We are very proud of our restaurant venues, especially Pacific Prime and Viviano’s, which feature creations of Tony Clark, our celebrity chef. We look forward to serving you again.
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Valley Forge Casino in the Casino Towers. I got a great deal with a Groupon (the room was pretty much free). The room was very nice and clean. My only complaint was the shower/tub. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. When I tried to use it, the jets wouldn't even work. I then tried to drain the tub, and the drain wouldn't budge. I had to wedge something under it, in order to get it to slowly drain. The lobby was confusing because it's not near the entrance. It's actually one floor up. If you stay in the hotel, you get entry to the casino for no charge (others had to pay $10, I believe). Overall, I had a very nice stay. Probably will not return though, only because it is almost an hours drive from me and I have other casinos that are closer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Valley Forge Casino Resort and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We do appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. We survey all tub drains on a frequent basis and any problem should be corrected immediately. We also are reviewing our signage program to improve directions to the Tower registration area. Again, thank you for your input
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Booked this through Hotels.com and was pleasantly surprised. I was attending a conference in the adjacent hotel (the Radisson) and the Casino Hotel saved me $40 and the indoor corridor to the Radisson and the adjacent restaurants made it a bargain. The room was comfortable with a jacuzzi bath tub and the general amenities...free coffee maker, internet, TV etc. The little entertainment areas right off the elevators were convenient for sitting with friends or colleagues if you wanted to have a little get-together or meeting.

I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your experience at the Valley Forge Casino Resort. It is an excellent entertainment value when you consider all the amenities that are offered under one roof for dining, clubbing and relaxing. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed our facilities