“I will never go back!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Abington, Pennsylvania, United States
“I will never go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Valley Forge Casion just this pass weekend, and I couln't wait to write a comment about our stay there. It was awful I can't believe that they didn't spend any money remodeling the hotel when they built the casino.....come on they didn't even have flat screens TV's, all the furniture in the room was old and it was not a comfortable stay at all. We went down to eat in the food court, and the staff was so rude......And that Casino the machices "sucked up twenty dollar bills like a vaccum" with no return. I for one would not return and would not encourage anyone else that I know to patronize this casino.

Room Tip: Do not stay here........
1 Thank Lynne W
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. It is disappointing to hear that you did not find our staff friendly and accommodating. There is a great deal of time and effort spent with all our staff to instill the culture of exceptional and friendly guest service and it is disappointing to hear when that was not the experience of a guest. We will be installing flat screen televisions in the Casino Tower by the end of February. We are also reviewing capital plans for 2013 and 2014 which will substantially enhance our product. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and we will continue to strive to provide every guest an exceptional level of service and quality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
Mechanicsburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I went with another couple for an overnight and used a Groupon deal. Stayed in the Tower area. Room was huge, didn't have to pay $10 to get in the casino, could have checked in at the towers, no problems. Great place. Good times. Don't know where some of the bad reviews came from unless they just became more strict. room was clean and bed was comfy. Casino had decent food. We did Italian because it was Sunday and the steak restaurant is not open for dinner on Sun or Monday. Would go back!!!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the Groupon deal. While the Groupon may be past there are several other membership deals that offer a wonderful value and free play. We hope you return soon and often.
Erial
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The groupon deal was a perfect girls night getaway. Cost $99 and gave you $50 in slot play (which we shared) and $40 for dinner. They also suggested my friend sign up for a casino card which gave us an additional $20 which we used for breakfast. I agree with other posters that check in is weird in that it is not signed, on a different floor, and looks nothing like a normal hotel check in. But the girl who checked us in was very pleasant & accommodated our wishes for 2 beds and a window view. We both thought the room was large, nicely laid out & clean. Beds were very comfortable. The negatives about the room - it's 2013 - time to ditch the old TV and put flat panels in. If you are going to have a very inviting looking huge whirlpool in the room - have it working. Or at least tell us it is not before people use a 100 gallons of water to fill it. Had dinner at the Tavern restaurant next door at the Radisson and the breakfast buffet at Nosh Dei. Both were good. All in all we had a great stay. Might even come back if another groupon comes up!

Room Tip: There are rooms here with no windows that are on inside hallways - make sure to ask for a room with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay and found the Groupon deal to be a good value. We are improving directional signage to the Casino Tower registration desk in the near future which will eliminate having to ask or search for the desk and we are installing flat screens by the end of February. We are very proud of our restaurant venues, especially Pacific Prime and Viviano’s, which feature creations of Tony Clark, our celebrity chef. We look forward to serving you again.
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Valley Forge Casino in the Casino Towers. I got a great deal with a Groupon (the room was pretty much free). The room was very nice and clean. My only complaint was the shower/tub. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. When I tried to use it, the jets wouldn't even work. I then tried to drain the tub, and the drain wouldn't budge. I had to wedge something under it, in order to get it to slowly drain. The lobby was confusing because it's not near the entrance. It's actually one floor up. If you stay in the hotel, you get entry to the casino for no charge (others had to pay $10, I believe). Overall, I had a very nice stay. Probably will not return though, only because it is almost an hours drive from me and I have other casinos that are closer.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Valley Forge Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Valley Forge Casino Resort and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We do appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. We survey all tub drains on a frequent basis and any problem should be corrected immediately. We also are reviewing our signage program to improve directions to the Tower registration area. Again, thank you for your input
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Booked this through Hotels.com and was pleasantly surprised. I was attending a conference in the adjacent hotel (the Radisson) and the Casino Hotel saved me $40 and the indoor corridor to the Radisson and the adjacent restaurants made it a bargain. The room was comfortable with a jacuzzi bath tub and the general amenities...free coffee maker, internet, TV etc. The little entertainment areas right off the elevators were convenient for sitting with friends or colleagues if you wanted to have a little get-together or meeting.

I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your experience at the Valley Forge Casino Resort. It is an excellent entertainment value when you consider all the amenities that are offered under one roof for dining, clubbing and relaxing. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed our facilities
Loveland OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

After seeing all of the reviews, I was somewhat hesitant to even go here but i was sent a free room coupon and my husband was sent one so we decided to make a date of it and go. First of all, if you Valet park your car, the hotel is right there if you're staying at the tower. You go in, go upstairs and there is the desk. I agree that it should be manned 24/7 as we had to leave for a family emergency and there was no one at the desk. They ask you to go to the other hotel if you need someone but they have a drop box and we left the key. Unfortunately, I think we lost the other free night because we had to leave suddenly after the first night. Now for the room itself....
We were on the sixth floor and they put us in a suite. Okay, I know other casinos are more posh then this but...it was a nice room. It was spacious and clean. After having read so many. reviews, I was honestly ready to complain if it wasn't clean. Spotless as far as I could see and I looked! We had a beautiful view from our room with one full wall of windows. I sincerely don't see what the complaints are about as we were very pleased with the room. Now, for having to pay to get into the casino.....if you stay there, you don't pay. Simple as that. It cost us nothing to get into the casino and we recieved free drinks and played. We planned on going to Valley Forge for a few hours the next day but as I said, we had to leave. I've stayed and many many casinos and I've seen much more luxurious ones to be honest. But...the bed was comfy and the room was quite nice. The bathroom is also large and no, the jacuzzi doesn't work but the bathtub is certainly large enough to take a nice hot bath in.
Okay on to food. I have to say that they really need a buffet here. The two restaurants in with the casino are pricey and if you aren't that hungry, I can't imagine paying those prices. On the other hand, we walked over to the other hotel and went to the bar/restaurant. Service was excellent and the food was really very good. No complaints there either.
The woman at the desk when we checked in was businesslike and not too welcoming per se but nonetheless, got us checked in quickly and efficiently. I do think they could work on their customer service somewhat as I really like to feel welcome when arriving. Even asking a question seemed like it was a pain for her to answer. Other then that, it was okay. I think that housekeeping could keep an eye on the hallways better and check for garbage out there. I noticed that the same coffee cup sat there all day and was still there when we left.
So out final take on this casino and hotel? Quite good actually especially for the price you pay "if" you pay. We were lucky that we didn't and are actually upset that we had to give up our other night there. I would absolutely stay here again with no problem. I would, however, like to see them improve the customer service a little bit. Barbara Henson, PA

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor. It has a nice view.
1 Thank BarbaraH1958
Your comments and constructive criticism are very much appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and felt that it would have been a value even if you had paid. I do apologize that you were not enthusiastically welcomed to the resort as you should have been. We spend a great deal of time working with our associates to create a welcoming atmosphere and I am disappointed that this did not happen. There are numerous food options in the facility and we are pleased that the Valley Tavern was an acceptable alternative. We also have the Food Court in the casino which is moderately priced and offers a wide variety of items. There have been discussions about buffets and if there are substantial requests, they would be considered. We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Beware...you have to buy a $10 gift card that cannot be used for gambling just to get into the casino. They're gonna get all of my money anyways, so at least let me have fun losing it. Disappointing experience not to be repeated.

• Stayed January 2013
15 Thank ethmbl
The license agreement that we have with the State of Pennsylvania requires an entry fee of $10 for the casino. This is not an option but the casino does offer a number of membership programs and specials that give access and resort credits on a very cost effective basis. Our members do appreciate these options and also the club atmosphere that is created by the fee. We hope you would consider a membership and the benefits it provides.