“Eh”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Virginia
“Eh”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

When you first go into this restaurant, its an open bar then regular quieter dining seating in the back area. We sat in the quieter area but could hear the bar fairly loud where we were still. Didn't bother us so much as my fiancee and I don't mind that so much.

The floor under our table though was pretty disgusting. It looked like dried up food and garbage that was there from a previous day or two ...like they never bothered to broom the floors.

For an appetizer we ordered mushroom soup, gator soup, and the wild game sampler. The mushroom soup wasn't bad...could've been a little thicker (I'm used to the real creamy type). The gator soup I liked however was disappointed to find out it was pretty spicy yet it was pointed out that way on the menu. Soups were $4 for a cup...bit pricy. The $15 wild game sampler can be whatever the kitchen has that day. We ended up getting wild boar, duck, and elk. I was disappointed receiving duck because I've had it plenty of times before in Chinatown, NYC. Looking at the plate, we got 4 rather small pieces of each meat...it looks like we ordered one of those fancy dishes you see on the Food network where there's hardly any food on the plate so I felt cheated already. The wild boar was fantastic...the meat was tender and the taste fabulous. Next was the duck. Very disappointed...way too salty and the meat was very thin...we got 4 rectangle strips of the duck meat in 1 inch by 3 inch deli meat slices. The elk was last...4 pieces of what tasted like overcooked beef that you get in beef stew. Was very tough and chewy. When the waitress came back she asked how the sampler was and we told her exactly everything I just stated...she said thanks for the feedback the chef is always looking to hear how the meat is so they may prepare it better for people later in the day. My fiancee and I looked at each other and were like what?

For our entrees we got a Yak burger and an Avocado burger. The burgers were good...a little on the small side tho and to be honest nothing really special stood out with them.

Overall for $72, I expected more out of this place considering I felt I could've spent $40 on the two of us at an Applebees down the road and had similar and same tasting food as this place.

1 Thank MiseryEE

usa
“Very pleasant place”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Went because we saw it on various travel shows; we were in the area and figured we would try it. While it isn't especially amazing or unique, it was a very good place to eat. The food was high grade, including the homemade blue tortilla chips and the quality of the beef in the burgers. Service was prompt and efficient, though the fact that we were there about an hour after lunch probably helped. All told, a positive experience and enjoyable food.

Baltimore, Maryland
“OK Experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening. We were seated in the rooftop section, which had a pleasant atmosphere. Went downstairs a few times to visit the restroom and noticed a large difference in the noise level. Downstairs is quite loud with more of a "saloon/bar" feel.

The place has a very large bottled beer selection and about 6 or 8 on tap (at least at the rooftop bar). There could be more at the downstairs bar, but we did not see that part. They do have a nice wine selection and a full bar. Drinks were reasonable.

The menu is unusual, as noted in other reviews. I am not an adventerous eater, so I stuck with crab nachos and the crabcake sandwich. The sandwich was not the best I've ever had, but the nachos were pretty good. I am sure the more exotic foods were probably very good. This restaurant is a little on the expensive side. The portions are small for the price you pay.

We ended up being the last to leave the rooftop area, and the waitress was very nice. She never made us feel like we had to leave. She probably would have let us sit there for as long as we wanted.

Service was great, staff was very friendly. Overall, it is worth trying once.

1 Thank TCBfan
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always have unusual burgers on the menu - buffalo, yak, ostrich - never no what they might have”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Mt. Cobb, Pennsylvania
“Funky Place”
Reviewed December 22, 2009

wish I was daring enough to try the Elk or Kangaroo - stuck with the crab Nachos which were great - very good beer selection - funky atmosphere, high back booths downstairs, like a tropical jungle upstairs - helpful and friendly waitress - fairly priced - I will definitely be back next time I'm in Kennett Square