“Very pleasant place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Went because we saw it on various travel shows; we were in the area and figured we would try it. While it isn't especially amazing or unique, it was a very good place to eat. The food was high grade, including the homemade blue tortilla chips and the quality of the beef in the burgers. Service was prompt and efficient, though the fact that we were there about an hour after lunch probably helped. All told, a positive experience and enjoyable food.

There are newer reviews for Half Moon Restaurant

Reviewed May 3, 2010

Visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening. We were seated in the rooftop section, which had a pleasant atmosphere. Went downstairs a few times to visit the restroom and noticed a large difference in the noise level. Downstairs is quite loud with more of a "saloon/bar" feel.

The place has a very large bottled beer selection and about 6 or 8 on tap (at least at the rooftop bar). There could be more at the downstairs bar, but we did not see that part. They do have a nice wine selection and a full bar. Drinks were reasonable.

The menu is unusual, as noted in other reviews. I am not an adventerous eater, so I stuck with crab nachos and the crabcake sandwich. The sandwich was not the best I've ever had, but the nachos were pretty good. I am sure the more exotic foods were probably very good. This restaurant is a little on the expensive side. The portions are small for the price you pay.

We ended up being the last to leave the rooftop area, and the waitress was very nice. She never made us feel like we had to leave. She probably would have let us sit there for as long as we wanted.

Service was great, staff was very friendly. Overall, it is worth trying once.

1  Thank TCBfan
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Always have unusual burgers on the menu - buffalo, yak, ostrich - never no what they might have

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 22, 2009

wish I was daring enough to try the Elk or Kangaroo - stuck with the crab Nachos which were great - very good beer selection - funky atmosphere, high back booths downstairs, like a tropical jungle upstairs - helpful and friendly waitress - fairly priced - I will definitely be back next time I'm in Kennett Square

Reviewed October 14, 2009

Though this sort-of-trendy restaurant is very popular, eating there was a very unpleasant experience for us. I have never been in a noisier restaurant and the food did not redeem it. My advice: don't go on a Friday night.

1  Thank jeanellen9