“Just Fair”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

While visiting Longwood Gardens, we stopped here for lunch. We were very disappointed in the quality of our lunches. We shared the crab nachos which was excellent. Lots of crab and chunks of avocados. Perfect size for the three of us to share. The men ordered the Buffalo burgers which were small and overcooked. They came with home made potato chips which could have been tasty but they were over salted. I ordered the gator gumbo which I could not eat because it was so spicy. I told our server and her response was, "do you want water?"

1  Thank Bag19973

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The crab nachos were a large enough portion to share and were great. We also ordered one of the special sandwiches (cappicola, provolone, tomato) and it came with home made potato chips. Yum! Great beer selection. We sat upstairs because there was a private soirée downstairs and it was a beautiful room with lots of glass and plants. Perfect setting. Vincent was a great waiter and even noticed that I wasn't liking the beer I ordered and offered to get me something else. Very observant. Thank you for a very lovely lunch in beautiful Kennett Square.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have visited this restaurant on multiple occasions. Have always had outstanding service and the wild game options are fun, different, and very tasty. Have primarily had burgers and steaks/chops of wild game, the yak, alpaca, wild boar, bison, and ostrich items have been amazing (although I can't recommend the kangaroo, somewhat of a rubbery texture, not the restaurant's fault). They also have the best housemade potato chips with the burgers that I have had anywhere, highly recommended, and a respectable number of microbrews on tap.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We enjoy trying exotic game meats, so based on the reviews here we decided to try the Half Moon while in Kennett Square and weren't disappointed! We were seated upstairs just before sunset on a pleasantly warm spring evening. The windows were open & the breeze was so pleasant! We began with the game sampler-3 different critters prepared well with appropriate sauces for each-nice! Who knew we'd like kangaroo?
We were very impressed by our server, obviously she is very knowledgeable about the food & drink. The beer I ordered had run out, but she was able to recommend another that was very good, and in talking about the food it was obvious that she knew the menu items well & was able to speak about them from experience. This is so sadly not the case in so many places!
My only "beef" has been mentioned by others-we arrived in daylight, but after dark the upstairs is kind of dark. The food is well presented, and I wouldn't like to lose that aspect of the experience.
In all, it was an enjoyable meal and we'll be back next time we're in the area

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Numerous beers on tap. The goat cheese appetizer was the best, however the cajun gumbo was ridiculous - appeared that the crayfish was only allowed to swim around and was then extracted from the final serving - enough andouille sausage, but the sauce was spicy and much too dark.

1  Thank mills1944