“I love this place”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love this place”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Alligator Gumbo is super awesome! One of favorite things to eat in southeastern PA. Good burgers too. They also have and excellent homemade veggie burger that my vegetarian girlfriend loves. Pretty good choice of beer on tap.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Tony T

Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Overrated and Dissappointing”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family decided to drive a few miles for dinner while we were at Longwood Gardens.
We waited 45 minutes for an appetizer and hamburgers with burnt waffle fries. The place wasn't that crowded so I don't know why it took so long. My wife loves her burger well done but when it came it was rare. The waitress wanted to make another one but we were afraid of the wait. The bar was very noisy and seemed like a corner bar. We didn't understand what the hostess was saying about up stairs and downstairs. I saw nothing special about the food or the ambiance. There were so many restaurants on this strip and I picked the wrong one. The waitress was very good and apologetic but the cook was way to slow. I have never waited for food this long at a bar. The manager didn't even have the courtesy to come over and apologize. Steer clear of this place.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank MARBLES2222
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful gem...”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After shopping, my friend and I traveled to the little town of Kennett Square. Now when I think of Kennett Square, I think of mushrooms and that's it. Who knew there were amazing restaurants there???!! Half Moon Restaurant is a gem! We had the most amazing mushroom appetizer followed by open faced crab cake sandwich. Both were delicious. Loved sitting upstairs in a garden porch setting. I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Beth M
Long Island
“Eat upstairs where it nicer”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was a convienent stop after visiting the gardens. The downstairs is very pub like and almost sterile. The upstairs was much nicer to eat in

Visited May 2012
2 Thank tabhauser
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Unprofessional Service, Overrated Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Upon driving nearly 100 miles to experience this unique menu, my girlfriend and I were rushed from the moment we sat down. Our server offered no information regarding the wild game on the menu, only kept stalking the table to get an order. I understand saturday nights are "turn and burn" situations for servers, but at 5pm, the restaurant was mostly empty. To get a feel of some of the unique menu offerings, I ordered a "Chef's Choice" sampler of wild game, expecting an explanation from the server to ensure I knew what I was getting, but none was offered. When it arrived, I was a little taken back at the extremely meager portions considering it costed $15. At this point, I was informed that it contained a sample of each of the following: kangaroo, venison, and wild boar. There were literally two very small bites of each included. I wanted to order a bottle of wine to enjoy with my wild boar shank that I had just had a small sample of, but after having the sampler delivered, our server wasn't seen again until entrees arrived. At this point I ordered a bottle of wine; I took two small bites of the shank which was dry and room temperature; the sauce in the dish had a thick skin already. Ten minutes passed before I was informed the wine I requested was out of stock; it would be ten more minutes until the alternate bottle I ordered would be delivered at which point I notified the server I was unsatisfied with my experience to which she just smiled and walked away. Normally I wouldn't get this upset but having traveled so far, and given the bloated menu prices, I felt I was entitled to not settle. I placed my cold entree at the edge of the table to drop the hint. The server arrived a few minutes later to offer "nuking" it in the back for me...yes, she offered to reheat and already seemingly reheated dish to account for the disparity in quality and service. It would be a few more minutes until a manager addressed the situation, apologized for the lack of professionalism of her staff and comping the entree; the server should have involved her from the beginning to avoid the majority of my dissatisfaction. Ultimately, I requested a burger at no charge becuase I really just wanted to leave and forget the entire experience and because I was starving! So essentially, I drove a hundred miles for a $13 burger. While this menu is exotic and unique, it is way overpriced, portions are small, and food and service lack passion. A good place for burgers if you live locally, but definitely do not go out of your way for this place!!!

• Visited July 2012