“Rustic sophistication”
Review of Sovana Bistro

Sovana Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sovana Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rts. 82 & 926
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

First visit, a great patio seat, terrific menu and wide ranging wine list make this a must come back restaurant. Loved it!

1  Thank Drkastout

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Sovana Bistro has outstanding, locally sourced food and a great bar and happy hour. The food is amazing and keeps us coming back (along with the friendly well trained staff.) The restaurant can be loud as it is quite full on weekends, so the outdoor dining can be a good choice in good weather.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

With so many good restaurants to choose from in Chester County, Sovana Bistro is still a stand out in tough competition. The seasonal menu is a delight, and the "standard" menu items are anything but - there's a reason they are always on the menu - they're that good! Eclectic cocktails, a lovely patio dining section (with heaters to extend the outdoor dining season), Sovana Bistro is one of my all time favorites. I look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a great lunch here. Appetizers were good and the sandwiches were very tasty. We ate outdoors under an awning which was quite pleasant. Service was cordial but not attentive - they should work on this. It is very convenient to Longwood Gardens, only 5 minutes or so. Parking is a snap compared to the Kennett Square restaurants. We will go back.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The food was superb! And if that is your motivator, then you will be delighted! I'm a bit picky about what I eat, I won't eat pork or veal or squid and surprisingly, that really limited my choices. I went with the pan seared chicken and it was very good (though a bit tough) and perfectly portioned. I also had the Mac and cheese as a side, mouth wateringly good!

Atmosphere was good. Wooden floors and tables, high ceilings, the music was a bit schizophrenic with occasional leanings to club music which was jarring and really off the mark for dinner. The outside seating looked nice (and under a roof of some sort so safe if it rains or you don't want the blazing sun, a safe bet).

The service was a bit off though. 10 minutes before greeted by server (and it wasn't that crowded). As a former waiter myself, I'm sensitive to timing as part of the overall dining experience. Long wait to be greeted. Drinks came right away. Long wait before orders were taken, but food brought out quickly. LONG wait while we sat with dirty/finished plates before us until they were finally cleared. 15 minute wait until waiter came back and we could even ask for the check, but once we had, closed out quickly.

The worst part was the chairs. I haven't sat in such an uncomfortable chair outside of a public school system. I was a bit fascinated by it so scanned the room at others. The petite women (say a size 2) and the jockey fit the chairs perfectly. Many were wedged-in or sitting well forward on the seat like me. By the time we left, my low back was aching and my rump had fallen asleep! Would that stop me from coming back? No, but I'm sure as heck asking for a booth (booth on one side, chairs opposite) and making a beeline for the booth side! :-)

Overall, VERY good. I'm hoping the service was just a bad day for the server. But those chairs! Ugh...

1  Thank Karl M