“Excellent...”
Review of Sovana Bistro

Sovana Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sovana Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rts. 82 & 926
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal here... the octopus appetizer was really great... the salmon over dandelion greens and veal filet were very good... will return.

There are newer reviews for Sovana Bistro

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The night we ate here the weather was perfect, so we asked for a table outside on their lovely side patio. Unfortunately the patio was fully booked, and had I known it was so popular when I made our reservation I sould have asked for it. But our experience inside was excellent nevertheless. The salad greens was incredibly fresh, as if they had been picked that afternoon. I had the wild boar bolognese with paparadelle, and my wife had the suckling pig, both of which were wonderful. Service was fast, friendly, and efficient. We'll definitely be back the next time we're in the area.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This restaurant used to be very very good. On my last visit 7/12/13, I was very dissapointed since it keeps being reviewed so highly. I feel the chef cheated us and the restaurant by not providing home made items -e specially when entertaining the whole "farm to table" vibe. And for serving just not great food. Example - proscuitto sandwich with roasted peppers. Proscuitto was unappealing in look and taste and the roasted peppers were from a jar..dissappointing

3  Thank 772mackie
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were visiting the area for 3 nights and loved this place enough to go two out of the three meals! The first night was pouring rain, mid week. It was very quiet and we're seated right away. The second night the first reservation we could get was 8:15. We arrived more than an hour early and the place was very busy with a young crowd, really hopping. We were able to find a space in the bar and the bar tender served us right away which my husband appreciated, we hate being ignored at a bar. Despite the busyness the bar tender remembered our choices when we reordered. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time and our waiter was at our table right away. But the best part was the food! We had the beef carpaccio and the charcuterie (really delicious) and our meals included the whole trout, roast sucking pig, veal sirloin, and pork tenderloin. It was all excellent! Pricing is a bit high end but worth every penny. We certainly did not leave hungry, servings weren't heaping but we're certainly plenty for each of us. This is definitely a restaurant for a special occasion, memorable for both it's food and service!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Recommended by my bike shop while we were in for service, restaurant is in a little "strip mall" north of Kennett Square. My God, the food is incredible! Ordered brussels sprouts and have never had better. They were halved and fried golden brown, served with smoked bacon pieces and almost ordered another side of them. Menu changes frequently, very seasonal and fresh, large space despite tough plaza parking. Service was top notch! Absolutely eating here again on our next trip to the shop!!