“Hands down best in Kennett”
Review of La Pena Mexicana

La Pena Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
“Hands down best in Kennett”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was turned onto la pena by my brother about a month and a half ago. Since then I have gone atleast once a week. I have gotten something different everytime and have been blown away every single time. The freshness the authenticity and the consistency have been amazing each and every time. The chef and waitress are super friendly and to top it all off I just found out it's byob. It doesn't get any better than this fot me anyways.

• Visited May 2013

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Authentic (and very good) Mexican food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Looking for something casual and good after a day at Longwood Gardens - found the listing and reviews on line and decided to try it. We had guacamole, a carnitas platter and chicken tacos - all excellent. As someone else said in a review don't be put off by appearances as you pull into the parking lot, go on in and you'll be rewarded with really good food. FWIW, the salsa verde is first rate

• Visited May 2013
Annandale, Virginia
“Completely unassuming but completely worth a stop!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We ate here a couple weeks ago, after a trip to Longwood Gardens, and I can't wait to return. The place is not what you would expect, but don't let the casualness sway you.. the food is spectacular. I got the carnitas enchiladas, and ask for them a bit spicy.. they were fantastic and the right amount of spice. I've not been to Mexico, so I can't vouch for the authenticity, but let it suffice that this is not the type of food you're going to get at a Baha Fresh, or Chevy's... this is off the charts better!

• Visited April 2013
Hockessin, Delaware
“Great authenthic, spicy Mexican.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A thoroughly enjoyable lunch awaits. Consistently great food, fresh ingredients and plenty of variety. Very casual with limited seating, but one of the most authentic Mexican restaurants in Chester County, PA. Enjoy.

Visited April 2013
Hockessin, Delaware
“WHAT A SURPRISE !”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I almost do not want to write about how good this restaurant is because I want to keep it all to myself ! Upon pulling up into the parking lot you might be skeptical , but just park the car ! You will not be sorry. The Guacamole is the best ! Have not had a bad meal here yet. Atmosphere is very casual and does not have many seats , but the food is some of the best in Kennett Square.

Visited April 2013