“Love what they've done with the place!”

Galer Estate Vineyard and Winery
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Galer Estate is located where the old Folly Hill winery used to be. Owners Brad and Lele have completely renovated - and tremendously improved - the tasting room. When we visited, they only had their white wines available (the reds were waiting for final label approval before bottling).

You know how some wineries produce certain varieties that a good, and some that are not so good? This is not the case at Galer. It's clear that the entire staff knows what they are doing, and they strive for a high-quality product. Every wine I tried was excellent. And I heard that Galer has since released the reds, so I'm looking forward to returning for what I know will be some terrific tastes!

By the way, the staff members in the tasting room were terrific. Friendly, funny, helpful, and polite. What more could you want?

As of this writing, Galer isn't on the local wine trail. We found out about it via a friendly recommendation from the tasting room manager of another local winery (thanks Andrea!). I'm not sure if they'll be joining the trail, because they may still be too young to deal with the herds of people that come through on trail events. Regardless, when word gets out about how good Galer is, it'll be busy.

Do yourself a favor and give them a visit. You won't be disappointed!

4  Thank Steve G