“Disappointed”

Cross street: Bayard Road
Silver Spring, MD
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friend and I went here for dinner mast week. The menu looked great and although the restaurant is in a strip mall, once entering it seemed to be a full service restaurant. The wait service was friendly and efficient but both my friend and I were disappointed with our entrees. I had chicken cacciatore and he had a chicken saltembocca. Both of us thought that the chicken had been freezer burned; rubbery and tough. The sauces were just OK, and not classic recioies one would expect.
We did see most of the customers eating pasta dishes and perhaps those were very good. The restaurant seemed to be a favorite with locals.

• Visited April 2013

West Chester, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice small place”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to dinner here with 2 other couples. The menu was well-rounded with a nice variety of choices. We had several appitizers to share and anjoyed them all. I got their verision of frutti de mare and enjoyed it greatly.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Roger63620
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
“Don't be Fooled by it's Exterior!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Like others who had reviewed this restaurant, it was a pleasant surprise once inside. Three of us went there on March 2, 2013 to celebrate my birthday after visiting Longwood Gardens. It was delicious and very reasonably priced. We each had something different and it was all great. The staff was very friendly and very Italian. We even had a short Italian lesson during dinner. We brought a bottle of wine and the uncorking, set-up for that was very efficient. We would all highly recommend Bite of Italy and while living several hours away we talked on the way home about how we would definitely make a point of going back. It was the perfect end to a great day.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jody B
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent Italian and Excellent Service!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in a strip mall and kind of easy to miss, but it is very good Italian and very reasonably priced. It is BYOB, so keep that in mind (we preferred this - saving a lot of money by bringing our own wine). We tried three appetizers; the spinach and crab dip being our favorite. Of the six of us, everyone enjoyed their entrees, including the gnocchi, the veal and chicken saltinbocca, and the tortellini. This place was very empty, so get out there and try this excellent Italian place! Tell your friends!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank CountessCrabCake
Chester, Virginia
“Authentic Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I took my family (party of 6 including two Grandparents) there last Saturday and it was very nice. I had my misgivings when we arrived at the restaurant (located in a shopping center), but immediately relaxed upon being greeted by a very pleasant hostess with a thick Italian accent. She changed our table to be further away from the entrance, in case there was a draft from the door, which I thought was very thoughtful. The good service continued throughout the meal. We had three appetizers; Calamari, Fried Mozzarella, and Crab and Spinach Dip. They were all good, but the dip was the best. My wife had the Gnocchi which was very good, made with fresh basil and the perfect consistency. I had the Veal Saltinbocca- very well prepared with amazing mushrooms (to be expected in Kennett Square). Next time I will try the Mushroom Ravioli, that’s how good they were. Even their desserts were great, we had the peanut butter bomb and an Italian dessert made with Ricotta, pear, and a balsamic reduction. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves and had a nice meal for only a few dollars more than what you would pay at an Olive Garden. I would go back there again. I should mention that they are BYOB, but I actually liked bringing my own wine- so that worked out well too.

• Visited February 2013