“Wonderful Food in a delightful setting”

1906 at Longwood Gardens
Reserve with OpenTable
1906 at Longwood Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 1
Description: In the midst of 1000 acres of one of the world's premiere horticulture centers, 1906 at Longwood Gardens offers a fine dining experience that is unparalleled. Enjoy lunch daily and dinner seasonally with a view of the Longwood Conservatory and the gardens of the former du Pont estate. GARDEN ADMISSION IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE RESTAURANT.
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
“Wonderful Food in a delightful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Plan ahead on your next trip to Longwood Gardens and make a reservation for this full service restaurant. On our most recent visit our party of 7 enjoyed the trout, the crab cakes, the grilled strawberry salad, all of which were just perfect! We also enjoyed a variety of desserts including just about each one on the menu. The service, which begins with their signature flower pot roll is always a big hit with first time guest who you are entertaining. Everyone we took, who enjoyed it for the first time, plans on going back.

New York City, New York
“Great Food but slowest possible service requires lots of patience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I tried the artichoke soup and grilled salmon. Both were great in portion and taste. Great recipes. As a starter, we were offered chilled asparagus soup that was delicious. The only glitch was that it was the slowest possible service one could imagine. It took approx 30-45 mins for the dinner to be served. Sat outside on the deck and it was lovely ambience. If I revisit, I will care to dine here again hoping for a better service.

Visited May 2014
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Setting Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife's birthday and she wished to go to Longwood Gardens. We have been there many times and it is a favorite. This is the first time we have eaten at 1906- it surely will not be the last. We sat out on the deck, the weather was perfect. Our server was just right- there when necessary, and we were allowed to have a leisurely lunch at our pace without being rushed. The recommendation from our server changed my choice to the Trout- great recommendation it was terrific. From the silky texture of the Signature Mushroom Soup, to the crispy breading on my wife's Fried Oysters with Chicken Salad and perfectly dressed baby greens, you can see the commitment to quality and culinary skill. The flavors are just right. The portions are generous. The service is just right. The atmosphere is just right. We will go back for dinner and soon. It is quite pricey so be prepared and it is a la carte so everything on the side costs appropriately- the bill will add up quickly.

1906 will be a Special Occasion venue for us for sure.

Pitman, New Jersey
“Great food with great friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped here for lunch during our visit to Longwood Gardens.
Very friendly staff. Restaurant was immaculate, which is an important issue for us. Two in our party enjoyed the trout and the third member the pork chop. All were cooked to perfection.
I can personally recommend the sorbet trio for dessert ( especially the raspberry rose (AWESOME).
Our waitress was very nice and we never felt rushed even though the restaurant was full.
Great food at moderate prices.
I would not advise taking little ones here, as there is really is nothing on the menu that would appeal to most children's tastes.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Barbara B
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“pricey, but you avoid the crowds and the food is very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were so glad that we decided to make reservations and go the fine dining route instead of trying our luck at the garden cafe next door. We enjoyed great food, a peaceful setting, and didn't have to wait in lines, hunt for tables, or eat off a table that hadn't been wiped off. Yes, we paid more, but we thought it was well worth it. My steak was perfect, and our kids loved their burgers, although my husband's salmon filet was a bit over. Their brioche rolls were so good, and the white peach sangria crisp and refreshing. Oh, they also gave us leek soup shooters as an amuse, which the kids didn't touch so my husband and I enjoyed two each! For dessert, my husband raved about the citrus panna cotta, and my son and I enjoyed the light and airy strawberry napoleon. My daughter had the flower pot - chocolate fudge cake shaped like a little flower pot, with the "pot" being the most delicious chocolate buttercream icing I've ever had. Their entrees and appetizers are good, but their desserts are outstanding! We'll have to come back for brunch!