“Awesome Christmas visit”

1906 at Longwood Gardens
Reserve with OpenTable
1906 at Longwood Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 1
Description: In the midst of 1000 acres of one of the world's premiere horticulture centers, 1906 at Longwood Gardens offers a fine dining experience that is unparalleled. Enjoy lunch daily and dinner seasonally with a view of the Longwood Conservatory and the gardens of the former du Pont estate. GARDEN ADMISSION IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE RESTAURANT.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went to longwood gardens for their christmas themed event. It is absolutely beautiful and serene! The fountain show is amazing and beautiful. You never run out of things to see! Highly recommend this to people of any age! Will definitely be back again!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have often eaten lunch at 1906 at Longwood gardens. Not only has everything I've eaten been delicious, it is also plated well. (pretty to see). The vegies come from produce grown in the Longwood Garden's garden. It is fresh tasting, colorful, tasty, and diversified.
The servers are pleasant and ready to help you enjoy being there.
This restaurant is a special treat in the middle of one of the best public gardens in the USA.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

A friend took us to Longwood Gardens to tour the mansion and see the holiday lights on the grounds. Both were well worth the effort to get there from our home in Maryland. Longwood Gardens really knows how to put on a show. Our friend also wanted us to experience 1906 as it is one of her favorite restaurants. We weren't able to get dinner reservations, so we had lunch there. I believe it is the same menu. We all had the mushroom lasagne made with (what else?) Kennett Square mushrooms. Even the pasta was mushroom based. It was simply delicious. Accompanied by a very nice salad and a glass of wine, it was a little heavy for lunch, perhaps, but what a great lunch it was. I strongly recommend Longwood Gardens (and its cousin, Winterthur Gardens down the road), and for a special meal, 1906.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Not impressed. Service was a little slow, but they were busy. We sat outside on the heated and tented patio. It was comfortable - a tad noisy due to the fan for the heating, but tolerable. I think the ambiance is probably quite nice on a "normal" evening. We were there during the Christmas rush of Longwood Gardens. Food was good, but not great. I had the filet mignon which was cooked exactly as I ordered, but somewhat tasteless. My husband ordered the flat iron steak which they were out of. They substituted another cut (either sirloin or strip, I forget which) with his permission. Again it was cooked as he ordered, but he found it tough. We both had one alcoholic drink - he a beer, me a glass of white wine. My one glass of riesling was $15, a little pricey, but I knew that when I ordered it. What really irritated me was that I casually mentioned to the waiter that we would be splitting the appetizer I ordered. When it arrived they had divided it for us and served us each a portion on individual plates. Nice touch, but we did not ask for it. Then they charged us a $3.00 "sharing fee" on the bill. It's a small amount of money I know, but when I am spending over $100 on a meal for 2, I certainly expect the restaurant to absorb the cost for a service that I did not request and that surely did not come close to actually costing that amount for them to provide. Many, many people share appetizers and I feel like I was scammed - like this is a way for the restaurant to "pad" their bill. I would not steer clear of this restaurant, but I probably wouldn't recommend it either. It is convenient when you are visiting Longwood Gardens, but there are better choices in the area.

1  Thank caneel123
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The menu is pretty classy especially for a museum restaurant. The atmosphere was realy comfortable and the views of the gardens were lovely. Service was friendly and attentive. mOst people eat on the early side; we were the last group seated and we got there at 6:45.

1  Thank Hazel O