“A fine, tasty, friendly place with outdoor seating”
Review of La Verona

La Verona
Reserve with OpenTable
La Verona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union St.
Description: Here at La Verona we are committed to make your meal memorable, with professional service in a welcoming, vibrant social atmosphere.Our attention to detail goes from selecting the finest and freshest ingredients, to the careful preparation of our dishes. Our servers are always looking forward to giving you an exceptional service.Our passion helps us to provide our customers with best food and best service.Our menu is within the scope of "Cucina Classica", the menu will strive to highlight the north region of ITALY and seasonal variations for which Italian cuisine is celebrated. Here at la Verona we make it the way you liked .Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

La Verona and their wonderful staff have added to their good food, excellent reasonable prices, and yummy specials by adding outdoor seating. Not only do they have tables in front, on State St., which can be very noisy in Kennett, they have an excellent new area on the side that is much quieter and out of sight and sound of the traffic. It's a great spot for a leisurely meal, inside or out. I'm amazed that on Tripadvisor "non-restaurant" chains have a higher rating than La Verona's. Great place for lunch, too, and their big picture window next to the sidewalk allows for fun people watching of this friendly town, if you are so inclined.

There are newer reviews for La Verona

Reviewed May 28, 2013

With our family visiting from out of town, we were simply driving through Kennett on our way back home from a beautiful day of Longwood Gardens and wine tastings when we decided to stop a La Verona for coffee at a sidewalk table. When we noticed they had mushroom soup on the menu and our guests had yet to sample the local favorite, we all opted to the soup -- which was the best I've EVER had brought to us by an amazingly competent and pleasant server named Stacy. Owner Sam was so hospitable. We had only been to one of the downtown Kennett Square restaurants before and had never felt the need to go back. This one was different in every way, and we will DEFINITELY be returning! Thank you, Sam and Stacy, for a lovely, memorable Memorable Day afternoon!

1  Thank Mariann S
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Nice place, good atmosphere and execellant service. Good mushroom appitizer ( in Kennett Square - had to have it). The Veal Saltimbucca and the Veal Parm were fabulous. Veal so tender and cooked perfectly. Would definitly go again.

1  Thank vaca21
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I visited La Verona again - our first visit was more than a year ago. We were disappointed the first time - way undercooked pasta which was then replaced by very overcooked pasta. Anyhow, this time, I ordered a Caesar salad, which arrived at the table at room temperature on a HOT salad plate. No kidding. I was stunned. It was bad enough when our server, a young woman, removed the extra wine glasses by reaching from the empty seat next to me right across my body, across my face, from my left, to get it (I wanted to grab her - her shoulder was inches from my face), but the extra warm salad was literally gross. When she returned to ask me how it was, I said 'it's warm, the plate was hot, the romaine is room temperature and this salad should be ice cold,' she said she'd take it back and inform the chef. But SHE'S the one who carried the hot plate to the table! I had to ask her for fresh ground pepper for the salad.My husband ordered lasagna and I ordered veal parmesan. The lasagna was really flat, small, and uninspired. It was just plopped on the plate, no parsley, no nothing. Really ugly, plain, like the chef didn't care about presentation. My veal was served right on top of fettucine which didn't have near enough sauce on it, and there was very little mozzarella on the veal. The veal was very dry - overcooked. Totally disappointing. Overall, La Verona's menu is very limited, they have a real problem with food prep, and I really question any positive reviews - Kennett has very few good restaurants, and what passes for good in Kennett would be considered barely mediocre in Philadelphia or New York. Buyer beware. I see one reviewer said it's 'quiet.' Maybe that's because nobody's going here. When we were there, on a Saturday night at 7 pm, it was about 70% empty. Hmmmm ... Bottom line - Kennett just doesn't have great restaurants, and La Verona hasn't changed that. This isn't Philly or New York, and until expectations in this area demand better quality food, the La Veronas will continue to pop up, then close.

4  Thank Therese N
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have never been disappointed at La Verona. They have such a big eating area that it's usually easy to find a quiet area, which is very important. Sam is a great host, and all the servers are excellent. The food is tasty, cooked to your specifications, and an excellent value. Last time we were there my wife had one of their special soups and a special ravioli. I had a simple but tasty large salad topped with chicken. Total bill, including tea, was about $30! Not to be missed.