“Ugh - again”
Review of La Verona

La Verona
Reserve with OpenTable
La Verona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union St.
Description: Here at La Verona we are committed to make your meal memorable, with professional service in a welcoming, vibrant social atmosphere.Our attention to detail goes from selecting the finest and freshest ingredients, to the careful preparation of our dishes. Our servers are always looking forward to giving you an exceptional service.Our passion helps us to provide our customers with best food and best service.Our menu is within the scope of "Cucina Classica", the menu will strive to highlight the north region of ITALY and seasonal variations for which Italian cuisine is celebrated. Here at la Verona we make it the way you liked .Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable.
Avondale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Ugh - again”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I visited La Verona again - our first visit was more than a year ago. We were disappointed the first time - way undercooked pasta which was then replaced by very overcooked pasta. Anyhow, this time, I ordered a Caesar salad, which arrived at the table at room temperature on a HOT salad plate. No kidding. I was stunned. It was bad enough when our server, a young woman, removed the extra wine glasses by reaching from the empty seat next to me right across my body, across my face, from my left, to get it (I wanted to grab her - her shoulder was inches from my face), but the extra warm salad was literally gross. When she returned to ask me how it was, I said 'it's warm, the plate was hot, the romaine is room temperature and this salad should be ice cold,' she said she'd take it back and inform the chef. But SHE'S the one who carried the hot plate to the table! I had to ask her for fresh ground pepper for the salad.My husband ordered lasagna and I ordered veal parmesan. The lasagna was really flat, small, and uninspired. It was just plopped on the plate, no parsley, no nothing. Really ugly, plain, like the chef didn't care about presentation. My veal was served right on top of fettucine which didn't have near enough sauce on it, and there was very little mozzarella on the veal. The veal was very dry - overcooked. Totally disappointing. Overall, La Verona's menu is very limited, they have a real problem with food prep, and I really question any positive reviews - Kennett has very few good restaurants, and what passes for good in Kennett would be considered barely mediocre in Philadelphia or New York. Buyer beware. I see one reviewer said it's 'quiet.' Maybe that's because nobody's going here. When we were there, on a Saturday night at 7 pm, it was about 70% empty. Hmmmm ... Bottom line - Kennett just doesn't have great restaurants, and La Verona hasn't changed that. This isn't Philly or New York, and until expectations in this area demand better quality food, the La Veronas will continue to pop up, then close.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Therese N

Kennett Square, PA
“Always good! Quiet, friendly, and a great value”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have never been disappointed at La Verona. They have such a big eating area that it's usually easy to find a quiet area, which is very important. Sam is a great host, and all the servers are excellent. The food is tasty, cooked to your specifications, and an excellent value. Last time we were there my wife had one of their special soups and a special ravioli. I had a simple but tasty large salad topped with chicken. Total bill, including tea, was about $30! Not to be missed.

• Visited April 2013
Avondale, Pennsylvania
“A Gem Not To Be Missed!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stumbled upon La Verona one rainy winter night about 9pm. The place was empty so we hesitated but the weather was raw so we ducked inside and decided to give it a try. What a fantastic experience we had. The service was perfect, which can go either way when you are the only customers in a restaurant. We were not over attended to nor did we feel neglected. We stayed longer than we should have considering the owner and waiter would probably have left for home much earlier had we not shown up at their door, but they never made us feel rushed. The food was awesome. Every course was better than the last. We ate far more(and drank from the great wine list far more) than we planned but were so comfortable and satisfied it was hard to leave. I don't ever remember wishing more for the owner of a restaurant that their tables would fill with customers thus securing a long stay at their present location. Returned for Easter Brunch. Again, the tables were mostly empty which baffles me because my entire family had another great experience of excellent service, delicious food at reasonable prices. Please give it a try! These guys deserve it and you will not be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Definitely a Kennett Favorite”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were disappointed when Newton on Main Street, the previous restaurant in the location, closed down, but we decided to give La Verona a try.

Where to begin? The food is wonderful (one dish with shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes, and pasta is out of this world, try it!), and our favorite include the tomato caprese and the salmon slices with capers. The place has a nice, upscale feel, but you're never overwhelmed, and you never feel like you're underdressed in jeans.

We like sitting near the large windows and watching Kennett go by near the bar, but the area in the formal dining room is really nice too, with a toasty fire burning in the winter.

The waiters are excellent - always friendly, amicable, and relatable. They always remember us when we come in and ask about things that we've told them in the past. They treat you like "a regular" even if you've only been in there a few times.

Definitely a must-go! The service is great, food even better, atmosphere great, all of it just wonderful. I can't say enough wonderful things about it.

• Visited January 2013
“Above and beyond”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I don't even know where to start. The atmosphere is wonderful, the clientele amazing, service is above and beyond, and lastly the food absolutely phenomenal. I will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you La Verona you are exactly what Kennett sq. Needed!!