“New favorite Kennett Square restaurant!”
Review of La Verona

La Verona
Reserve with OpenTable
La Verona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union St.
Description: Here at La Verona we are committed to make your meal memorable, with professional service in a welcoming, vibrant social atmosphere.Our attention to detail goes from selecting the finest and freshest ingredients, to the careful preparation of our dishes. Our servers are always looking forward to giving you an exceptional service.Our passion helps us to provide our customers with best food and best service.Our menu is within the scope of "Cucina Classica", the menu will strive to highlight the north region of ITALY and seasonal variations for which Italian cuisine is celebrated. Here at la Verona we make it the way you liked .Our Private room makes your party special and enjoyable.
Philadelphia
“New favorite Kennett Square restaurant!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our first experience at La Verona was excellent. Reminded me of being it Italy. The food was authentic Italian and the service was amazing. We sat in the bar near the window for better ambiance. It was awesome. Bolegnese yummy, pizza great, soup just like grandmas....all around great. Can't wait to go back. The wine list could have more Italian options, but there are good selections.

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“great atmosphere- terrific italian food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A lovely new addition to downtown Kennett Square, this restaurant serves up great italian food in very pleasant surroundings. Service is exceptional, too. Prices are in step with other restaurants in town.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rob50rph
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had dinner here on a Friday evening. The chicken parmesan was delicious as well as the side of garlic pasta.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Monica F
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“mixed review”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Some courses, the mushroom soup, fries were great. The iced tea was watery ( I could see through it!) and the eggplant panini was skimpy on the eggplant and NOT pressed as I expected. I will try this restaurant again and order something different.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Susan8888
Chestertown, Maryland
“Lunch during the mushroom festival”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to get a bite to eat at lunch time after cruising through the 'mushroom' festival. We entered LaVerona and the host told us they were using the dinner menu all day (entrees in the high $20s). He pointed out there were appetizers and salads that would be adequate for lunch. We were seated in the bar where 'da game' was on the TV; thankfully the sound was low. We each ordered a salad (about $12.00 each). I ordered a salad with prosciutto. When it arrived I noticed some of the spring garden lettuce mix was dead, but I moved it to the edge of the plate, and contined to eat while checking each bite. Finally it got to be too much, and I told the waiter the lettuce was dead, not fresh, ugly, etc. He showed it to the host, and both of them took it back to the kitchen. A new plate arrived, same problem, but this time I picked out what I wanted, and left the rest. I NEVER had a salad where I had to inspect each leaf prior to eatting it, especially a redo! I told the waiter when he cleared that the lettuce was as bad as the first one, as he could see from the dead leaves on the edge of the plate. He told me the lettuce was from a fresh batch, I said could that be true? He argued with me, forgetting that the customer is always right. My husband had the Caesar salad with a grilled chicken breast on top. He hardly ever complains out loud about food, but he told me the chicken breast was tough as shoe leather, there were 3 playing card slices of cheese on top, and the Caesar dressing wasn't---no garlic, etc. Needless to say we will never go back to LaVerona; add Kennett Square to no repeats.

3 Thank Michelle21620