Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
$127
$120
Very Good 4/5
Brandywine River Hotel(Chadds Ford)(Great Value!)
$134
$169
$152
Courtyard
Very Good 4/5
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$80
$68
Very Good 4/5
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$94
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
Inn at Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$118
$113
Priceline
$157
$144
Doubletree.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewslongwood gardensfront deskbrandywine valleynice hotelcookiesbreakfast buffetstay there againhotel lobbystaff was very friendly and helpfulnext morningnice stayconvenient locationclean roomsgreat place to staystayed one nightbusiness tripthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2006

My first Hilton Garden Inn experience was positive. I am usually a Marriott Courtyard or Hampton Inn customer . Had the AAA rate. My last Brandywine visit stayed near the Concordville hotels ( Rte 202 and Rte.1 intersection )down the road but found this end of the Brandywine Valley to be a little less congested.

Our room was clean and a good size. Beds comfortable. Nice to have a microwave and a refrigerator. We opted to make our own breakfast and coffee in the morning. The staff was very friendly. The staff promptly responded at 11:30 PM when we were having some toilet plumbing issues.

Our non-smoking room 315 was formerly a smoking room. We could detect a slight lingering odor, but not a big deal. The staff told us some rooms were converted to non -smoking over the past year. You may want to ask for a room that has always been non-smoking.

Highly recommend Simon Pearce restaurant for a nice meal. There is a Friendly's near the Concordville intersection at Rte.202 and Rte.1. Capozzoli's Restaurant in Chadds Ford was highly recommended to us but we did not have time to try it out. Brandywine Valley Museum with the tours of the Wyeth home and the Kuerner Farm house are a must. QVC is a bit of a drive but interesting studio tour.

Nice lobby. Parking lot has good lighting.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank Alice
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Okay, so we decided we needed a vacation as our 10month old baby can't handle yet any guided trips.So we looked around and saw that Hilton Garden Inn was the best choice close to everything. We came and it is located right on rt1south which surprisingly is not even loud, I never heard the cars even. Parking is free for those staying in the hotel.

The staff greeted us and told us our room was ready, even though we had arrived about an hour earlier. Their check in is 4pm, check out at 12pm. We came in and I was surprised to find the room to be as big as it was. It had a closet, bathroom, microwave, a small fridge. The bed we requested was king size and a crib (playpan for the baby to sleep in). Also there was a business desk with free internet hook up if you brought a computer and in the other corner a nice sofa like chair. The room looked huge compared to what you would normally get from and Inn. We paid $117 per night as we have AAA card. I am sure you could find cheaper rates online but we needed specific rates. Anyhow, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
When my daughter got sick and we had to cut our trip short we were only charged for the nights we stayed even though we reserved for a few more. The staff was concerned about my baby and did everything to accomodate me and guide me to where I might need to go such as hospitals and how to get there.

Breakfast: you could choose from continental ($5.95) or all american.($6.95). The difference is that you get ham and eggs cooked any way you like them and hash browns. We stayed with the simple breakfast though. Bagels, creamcheese, baked goodies, fruit, yogurt and cereal. All those go into the continental.

In the same lot they have Applebee's, Sears and a Pet Value store. In the back there is a Walmart with a McDonald's inside it. Also near by there are a few supermarkets Superfresh and Genuardy's. If you want to eat out for lunch or supper there is a chinese food take out at China Garden and there is a Wendy's near the Superfresh as well as a Starbucks and a Quizno's.

As far as attractions there is the Amish Country, Railroad, Philadelphia, and Longwood Gardens. Other places you can go from there are Brandywine Zoo, River Shops and a few other places in Wilmington DE. There is no tax on anything in DE, not on clothing not on electronics, nothing.

I really recommend staying there if you want to visit those attractions and have a comfortable stay. You got shopping and food all within a walking range of the hotel. The staff is super friendly and helpful in every way possible. Just make sure to do your research of what you want to visit near by because otherwise you'll have to look at pamphlets. oooh the hotel serves delicious chewy cookies each evening. Try those, they are excellent.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank erealmgraphics
Reviewed May 28, 2006

If you like staying at Hilton Garden Inns, you can feel very safe staying at their location in Kennett Square, PA. If you are unfamilar with the brand, this is a very clean, modern hotel located near Longwood Gardens and Brandywine Parks. The hotel offers and pool and spa, and even a small restaurant. They offer guest laundry, hi-speed internet, and even a little store for buying snacks and small sundrys.

The hotel room was clean and modern, with a nice work desk and chair, and TV with cable and HBO. My only complaint about the room is that it was a little dark even with most of the lights turned on.

I would recommend this place again, and I will probably stay here again next time I have to be in this area.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank ChewInRI
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Very nice stay. Stayed at AAA rates not too bad. Used the pool and hot tub alot after walking all day. Applebees right next door was OK. $6 for a simple breakfast at the breakfast bar. Free coffee 24 was nice. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Will be back in the spring for more Longwood. Could actually walk to Longwood from there on a nice day. I needed a cable ( WiFi in lobby only??) for internet access but they have them at the front desk if needed. Microwave and refrig in room also great.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank Eye95
Reviewed May 5, 2005

Ended up choosing this hotel due to having the best price for the Brandywine Sampler Package offered by numerous hotels in the area. Asked for an early check-in or at the very least to be able to pickup the sampler package in order to make use upon arrival. The room was not ready, but was able to get the sampler package and enjoy the remainder of the afternoon. Room was very clean, new and comfortable. All rooms come with Micro, fridge and coffeemaker. I was also greeted with a goody bag and a coupon for a couple of water bottles in their pavilion. I found the staff to be friendly, but had to make comments/suggestions on their questionaire which I left at the front desk. 1st - the towel rack/bars are located in the shower, so if you want dry towels after showering you MUST move them somewhere else, then once used and needing a place to hang them you are stuck with drying off the wet rack or finding somewhere else for them to dry. 2 - If you plan to use either the A/C or heat and want privacy at night, good luck closing the drapes because they cover the HVAC unit. We had to smoosh them on top of the unit in order to attempt to close the drapes. 3 - no free local calls 4 - Applebees was a ripoff, food was cold and appeared to be microwaved (uh and remember no free call to Applebees which is right next to the hotel). The general manager is very concerned about peoples views of this hotel as she followed up my questionnaire with a phone call and made note of my suggestions. It shows to me that they really do care about their customers opinions.

• Stayed: April 2005