“will not return”

Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Mix up with the rooms X3 . Can not bill correctly. Did not assist handicap people who were part of the party. Can not understand english even when talking straight to them in person. Messed up my simple email, did not correct it even after I told them 3 times, with hand gestures also.. Moving around to different rooms.

Room Tip: stay away.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Esther K
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest-
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stable, quality customer service. Good place to be a repeat visitor. Food in restaurant is as good as any higher priced elsewhere. The location is great for forgotten items and cheaper food choices. Hilton Honors members are treated to a top notch breakfast buffet. Other Hilton expectations are met throughout the stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Guest-
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were able to dine in our restaurant. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Friendly, clean, quiet, a wonderful place to stay! Breakfast was great, excellent service, helpful staff, great location, we were not used to a firm bed, but for firm it's great! Beautiful inside lobby, rooms, everywhere!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest-
Thank you for your visit to our hotel, and for sharing your experience. We are so pleased to learn that everything was wonderful with your visit here and you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your feedback and hope to have your return soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was in the Kennett Square area for business in January and always choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. They have a great staff, who know what true customer service is. It's good to know that still exists in this day and age.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest-
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay here in January. We are pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant and all went well. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we really appreciate hearing your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Member so do stay at other Hiltons when it is not a work/business trip which this was. This main issue was my reservation and the Front Desk Manager . My reservation was made on a company card and it was not an authorized card. He wanted me to use my personal card upon arrival. I told him my company uses this hotel all the time for employees, VIP Guests of our Facilities, and we direct a lot of guests in their direction which is only one mile from our place of business. I understand that we used the wrong credit card when making a reservation, but my main complaint was he was not any help in getting it straighten out. The situation was never resolved by morning and I paid for the room myself. Even if the situation could not be resolved I was not told in the end that there was nothing he could do. I went to bed thinking that we had it straightened out and he would change my card to the company card which is what he led me to believe that last we talked. I contacted my manager who then talked to the Desk Manager and my manager sent him paperwork/credits cards/and ID as he requested. This does not in any way make all my experiences at a Hilton bad. You would have had to been there and seen the situation unfold. There were not words said or used that shouldn't have been it was the attitude or the lack of enthusiasm and the lack of results which made the overall experience bad. My company is aware of the incident and has contacted the Hotel. I personally have contacted Hilton and file a complaint. Last Wednesday but have not heard from them since.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest-
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We were very sorry to learn of your experience, and since then this situation has been resolved. However, we still regret any inconvenience caused you during your stay, and I would be very pleased to speak with you further regarding this as guest satisfaction is always our #1 goal. Please contact me directly at the hotel for additional discussion. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Booked group - was told 10 minutes after that no more rooms available with group - very poor service given to try and resolve - would not stay again. Contacted 800 number and no one there could help either - it was like a catch 22 - Talked when we arrived at the hotel and staff indicated there was nothing they could do - even after they learned that the group I was with used this hotel every year. Bad Service

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest-
We’re sorry to learn of your experience. Although we absolutely do have dates when group blocks expire, we do our best to provide accommodations after that time frame at a fair and competitive rate, given the season and other factors.

We also try to make each guest experience a great one and your satisfaction is important to us. Please contact me directly at the hotel for further discussion of how we can satisfactorily resolve this. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The room was lovely. The staff warm and welcoming. We thoroughly enjoyed the luxury feel. The location was perfect, close to Longwood Gardens and Wilmington. The breakfast had anything you could possibly want. Everything was fresh and delicious and it was obvious by the crowd that it was a popular brunch location. It was a fantastic experience. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest-
It is nice of you to share your recent experience! We are pleased to hear that your visit went so well from the welcoming staff members to the location and breakfast. We appreciate you providing your feedback and hope to welcome you back here soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
7 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square? Share your experiences!