“Excellent service, good value, beware of beds”

Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
virginia
“Excellent service, good value, beware of beds”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Love the hotel. I am a long-time fan of Hilton hotels. Warm and informative reception at the front desk upon check in. Excellent location for touring Longwood Gardens and other attractions in the Brandywine Valley. Room was very clean, comfy sheets and pillows. Plenty of space to hang clothes. The breakfast was made to order. Very tasty omelette, nicely flavored potatoes (not greasy, just crispy) and good coffee. Servers were friendly and efficient. My only disappointment was the bed. It is suppose to be a cool new bed where one can select the preferred level of firmness. It did not work well. The bed was uncomfortable! No adjustments helped. Tossed and turned all night - literally. Hilton, please go back to your old style beds!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Guest-
Thank you for your recent visit, and for sharing your experience. We sincerely apologize for the uncomfortable bed you experienced. Our staff here is committed to outstanding guest satisfaction and I would appreciate if you would contact me directly so we can discuss this further. The phone number is 610-444-9100. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Room and service was good. However, this hotel uses satellite services for television. Due to a relatively minor snow then rain storm that night, there was no television service for the entire evening. This was a significant inconvenience when traveling with young children. The hotel staff stated that this was a common occurrence.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest-
We are sorry to learn that your stay was less than perfect, and for the inconvenience caused you and your family. Unfortunately, this does happen from time to time with Satellite TV. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel for resolution as your satisfaction is our top priority. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
Flagtown, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2013

One of the nicest stays I have had in a very long time at a hotel. Staff was cheery, accommodating and kind from the greeting at check in to the breakfast in the morning. Great staff, lovely lobby and overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest-
Thank you for your recent visit, and for sharing your experience. We are very pleased your stay was enjoyable and look forward to hosting you again! Have a great 2014!
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Was not happy with the requirement to put a $50 deposit down in order to order to the room for settle up at check-out. Also had issues with the "Walled-Garden" internet connection that prevented me from connecting online with a non-standard device. Finally, the pool room was a bit cool though the water was warm and the spa felt adequately hot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest-
We appreciate the posting of your experience while our guest here very recently, but are sorry to learn that you encountered some issues. I would be more than happy to discuss these with you if you would like to contact me directly at the hotel. Here at the HIlton Garden Inn Kennett Square we are committed to providing outstanding guest experiences! Thank you again.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 21, 2013

If I could rate a hotel a "10" with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, this is the one! The front desk person, Tina made me feel more than welcome when I arrived and never failed to make me feel like I was coming "home" for the entire 4 night stay. The servers were warm and made sure everything was the way I liked it. The housekeeping staff was attentive, too.... The rooms were very clean and well appointed!
The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the restaurant. The doors for the lobby were right next to it and it was so cold. The first time I ate there, I thought about going to get my winter coat as it was freezing. The food was good. I would have ate there the second time, but didn't want to sit in the cold.. I seldom saw anyone at the bar or restaurant The breakfast was busy, crowded and lacked room for the buffet and the grill...
I would recommend staying here as the staff and the rooms are great. Just find somewhere else to eat

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest-
Thank you for posting your recent experience! We are pleased to learn our staff paid attention to your needs and provided warm hospitality. At the same time, we apologize for the "less than cozy" temperature of our cafe last week. One of our heaters was not operating properly, which together with the frigid weather and doors opening/closing often created cold dining conditions. We are happy to report this is now resolved, but definitely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to host you again and turn your dining experience into a positive one!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been making the annual trek from suburban D.C. to Kennett Square for the past 12 years, making this HGI our home for the long holiday weekend. Was greeted by a lobby makeover and Tina, who ranks as one of my favorite HGI representatives. Embracing old school values, she went out of her way to remember my name, check on the stay, etc., and while I agree with some of the other reviewers with some of the quirks (they really need a 2nd elevator!), excellent customer service can usually overcome environmental issues.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest-
We are delighted to learn that you consider our hotel your home away from home every Thanksgiving, and that you were treated to Tina's warm welcome! She displays extraordinary people skills, but actually that's her true nature as she really enjoys our guests! I apologize for the wait time for the elevator, but am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to hosting you in 2014! Enjoy the holidays!
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 7, 2013

It's still hard to justify paying almost $200 to spend the night in the small, rural town where I grew up. However, I guess Kennett Square is now on the map and hoteliers have taken advantage of that. This Hilton Garden Inn is very nice, but paying somewhere between $150-$200 (depending on time of year) to stay in a shopping mall on Route 1 is still a bitter pill for me to swallow. I guess that's what it is, but I still think it's a bit of a rip-off. There are some bed-and-breakfast places in Kennett which are probably similarly pricey, but I suspect they provide some charm and color that the Hilton Garden Inn lacks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest-
Thank you for visiting us recently, and for taking the time to post feedback on your visit. As you noted, Kennett Square has grown tremendously over the past few years and become a popular destination for many, with all of the treasures the Brandywine Valley offers, and of course, Longwood Gardens being a mile away. Please try us again - our rate fluctuates all the time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square? Share your experiences!