“Nice, Nice, Nice!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Nice, Nice, Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

If I could rate a hotel a "10" with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, this is the one! The front desk person, Tina made me feel more than welcome when I arrived and never failed to make me feel like I was coming "home" for the entire 4 night stay. The servers were warm and made sure everything was the way I liked it. The housekeeping staff was attentive, too.... The rooms were very clean and well appointed!
The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the restaurant. The doors for the lobby were right next to it and it was so cold. The first time I ate there, I thought about going to get my winter coat as it was freezing. The food was good. I would have ate there the second time, but didn't want to sit in the cold.. I seldom saw anyone at the bar or restaurant The breakfast was busy, crowded and lacked room for the buffet and the grill...
I would recommend staying here as the staff and the rooms are great. Just find somewhere else to eat

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest-
Thank you for posting your recent experience! We are pleased to learn our staff paid attention to your needs and provided warm hospitality. At the same time, we apologize for the "less than cozy" temperature of our cafe last week. One of our heaters was not operating properly, which together with the frigid weather and doors opening/closing often created cold dining conditions. We are happy to report this is now resolved, but definitely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to host you again and turn your dining experience into a positive one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been making the annual trek from suburban D.C. to Kennett Square for the past 12 years, making this HGI our home for the long holiday weekend. Was greeted by a lobby makeover and Tina, who ranks as one of my favorite HGI representatives. Embracing old school values, she went out of her way to remember my name, check on the stay, etc., and while I agree with some of the other reviewers with some of the quirks (they really need a 2nd elevator!), excellent customer service can usually overcome environmental issues.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest-
We are delighted to learn that you consider our hotel your home away from home every Thanksgiving, and that you were treated to Tina's warm welcome! She displays extraordinary people skills, but actually that's her true nature as she really enjoys our guests! I apologize for the wait time for the elevator, but am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to hosting you in 2014! Enjoy the holidays!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

It's still hard to justify paying almost $200 to spend the night in the small, rural town where I grew up. However, I guess Kennett Square is now on the map and hoteliers have taken advantage of that. This Hilton Garden Inn is very nice, but paying somewhere between $150-$200 (depending on time of year) to stay in a shopping mall on Route 1 is still a bitter pill for me to swallow. I guess that's what it is, but I still think it's a bit of a rip-off. There are some bed-and-breakfast places in Kennett which are probably similarly pricey, but I suspect they provide some charm and color that the Hilton Garden Inn lacks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jane C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest-
Thank you for visiting us recently, and for taking the time to post feedback on your visit. As you noted, Kennett Square has grown tremendously over the past few years and become a popular destination for many, with all of the treasures the Brandywine Valley offers, and of course, Longwood Gardens being a mile away. Please try us again - our rate fluctuates all the time!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Staff was friendly and the lobby was beautiful, but the rooms were loud. It sounded like there were elephants in the room above me!

Other than the noise, the room was nicely appointed with clean and well kept furniture. It was what I would expect from a business hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest-
We appreciate you sharing your recent experience while you were our guest here, but are sorry to learn that your stay was a bit disruptive. Please feel free to contact me directly for further discussion of this matter, and for a fair resolution. We will be happy to work with you, and again, appreciate your posting the experience. Thank you!
Southern Tier, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stay here couple times a year while visiting my parents. Comfy beds, nice rooms, outstanding staff. Only glitch is that I'd like the breakfast to be cheaper! I don't eat $10 worth of food. :-) They have just redone the common area decor and it's quite funky. Nice change. I know they have just started to serve meals other than breakfast and I can't wait to stay over the x-mas holiday to see the new changes.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the north side - ask for rooms away from route 1. I personally don't care...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Icemaidenq
Dear Guest-
Thank you for posting your recent experience while visiting our hotel. We do offer breakfast bars and the like in our pantry, which go very nicely with our complimentary coffee, available 24 hours a day. It sounds like you will be returning very soon, and we look forward to providing warm hospitality to you again! Enjoy your holidays!
Graham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff were above the fold. Impeccable and delightfu; Food was amazing. both breakfast and the dinner prepped by the chef. Checking in and out was quick and efficient. The rooms were thoroughly cleaned. It was very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest-
We appreciate your recent visit, and are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and were able to partake in both the breakfast and dinner options. Our chef is making lots of fans and hopefully you are amongst them now! Thank you for taking your time to post your experience, and let us know if we can help you again.
Lansdowne, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

For anyone seeking a comfortable stay in a clean, professional and hospitable environment, Kennett Square HGI is perhaps the best option in its region. The price point is reasonable, there are Bed & Breakfast Specials and it is surrounded by several great eating venues for foodies. Longwood Gardens is down the road and Hand & Stone Massage is a stones throw away. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Thank Paul J. J
Dear Guest-
Thank you for visiting us recently and sharing your experience! We are pleased you found our hotel to be a good value, and that you enjoyed the Bed & Breakfast Package. We are fortunate here to have so many restaurant choices within walking distance, including our own new restaurant! We look forward to hosting you here again soon. Enjoy your holidays!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
BEST WESTERN Plus Concordville Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square? Share your experiences!