I stayed at the competing place just down the road, and the Hilton Garden Inn simply kicked its butt. I will only stay here from now on when I'm looking for a hotel in the area.
First, the staff was terrific. Tina at the front desk was friendly and helpful.
Our room was clean and relatively comfortable. I say "relatively" because of the goofy "adjustable" bed system they use. It really doesn't adjust much, and ultimately it was a pretty basic type of bed. Not great, but not terrible, either.
We booked through Expedia, and I had selected the "bed and breakfast" option, which meant that I paid for my breakfast up front. When I checked in, I received coupons for our breakfasts. Other than leaving a few bucks as a tip, I didn't have to worry about paying for our meals.
The breakfast was pretty darned good. Made to order eggs/omlettes, pancakes, and waffles. Self serve scrambled eggs, potatoes, and breakfast meats (including bacon, sausage, and even scrapple!). Hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, and a variety of juices NOT dispensed from a machine. It was a really enjoyable breakfast experience. Way better than the overcrowded, plastic-utensil offering at the other place I stayed.
In the evening, the hotel offers wine via an honor bar style setup, as well as complimentary cookies, hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. They also have a sweet little lounging area in front of a gas fireplace and big screen TV, should you want to unwind and relax in front of a fire.
The location of the hotel is pretty sweet, as well. There is a burger joint about 200 feet from the hotel, and they also share a parking lot with an Applebees. If you want something different, walk a little farther to a Japanese sushi place or a Mexican food place. Not what you want? Two or three minutes in a car will get you to a couple of pizza places, a sub shop, a Starbucks, and even a winery tasting room. Failing that, there are a couple of grocery stores nearby. Very convenient.
The indoor pool and hot tub at the hotel were okay. The facility is open until 10:00 PM, and we showed up at 9:00 PM to find no clean towels available. A quick mention to the front desk cleared it up right away.
To wrap it up, I was very pleased with my stay, and I look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located less than one mile from Longwood Gardens and minutes from other Brandywine Valley Attractions and Wineries, the hotel features 92 guest rooms, with a mix of suites, two large meeting rooms, an indoor pool and whirlpool, on-site breakfast restaurant, fitness center, sundry convenience shop and large lobby. Several restaurants are within walking distance, including an Applebee's in the parking lot. All hotel rooms feature a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker, self-adjusting Garden Sleep System bed, complimentary wired and wireless internet access, along with remote printing to the business center. 37" LCD HDTV in all rooms with over 100 channels to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square Hotel Kennett Square
- Hilton Kennett Square
- Kennett Square Hilton Garden Inn