“no free breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
Reviewed July 21, 2012

i was disappointed there was no free breakfast at this hotel. As a travel softball team we stay at many hotels during the summer season. This is the only one that does not give free breakfast. Hotels web site states Cooked-to-order breakfast at the Great American Grill® does not say it costs 10 dollars deceptive advertising. will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank john V
Jane_Cropper, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Guest-
Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused you regarding the breakfast. Our staff here is committed to outstanding guest satisfaction and we would like the opportunity to discuss this further. If you wish to contact me at the hotel I would be glad to discuss this further (610-444-9100). If not, thank you again for your visit and feedback. Enjoy August!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just spent two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting the Brandywine Museum and Longwood Gardens for their annual 4th of July fireworks festivities. Had a room on the 2nd floor looking out over the front of the hotel...no problem with noise. Comfortable room with good bathroom layout and water pressure. A little hard to decipher the correct settings for the air conditioning controls...wall mounted and difficult to read.
Well appointed lobby and excellent staff. Wierd Pennsylvania liquor laws. The hotel doesn't have a full service restaurant or bar but the hotel has an "honor code". You can buy a beer or a glass of wine and charge it to your room. They'll also sell you a full bottle of wine (Sutter Home).
Good location with an Applebee's restaurant 300 feet away. Major shopping center area with a greatly expanded Walmarts being built closely nearby. Good restaurants available in Kennett Square which is maybe 3 miles away.

Room Tip: ero in on questions about noise....end of the corridors seems to be the problem area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest-
Thank you for visiting us at the Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square! We are delighted to hear you experienced beautiful Longwood Gardens, an exceptional attraction in any season and well worth the trip, as well as the Brandywine River Museum, well known for its exhibit of three generations of Wyeths. Hopefully you also experienced Longwood’s unique exhibit this summer “Light” Installations by Bruce Munro (see their web site). Again, we appreciate you visiting us and look forward to hosting you again! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed one night and it was ok. We learned a lesson when asking for a quiet room, they offered us a ground floor roon away from the elevator. Unfortunately, if was across from the pool and the door made a loud slaming sound when anyone entered or exited, very annoying. There were loud foot steps above us also. The hotel was clean and seemed nice other than the noises. The next time we visit Longwood Gardens, we will take a look at the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room in the back, away from the road. Be sure to double check to see that they u...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest-
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for sharing your experience. We apologize for any inconvenience caused you by the noise, but are pleased the visit was mostly enjoyable. We hope you will come back and visit the Mushroom Capital of the World, and beautiful Longwood Gardens again! There is always something to see and do here in the Brandywine Valley!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our family planned a reunion and decided to head to Longwood Gardens as a central point to meet. We all made reservations in early May - mine was made on May 8th. I specifically requested and reserved a suite because when we travel hubby doesn't sleep well and often reads late into the night. All set right?

Not so fast....today someone from the hotel left a voice mail that they no longer had my suite available, but they could offer me an accessible room with a double bed. Great. I phoned the hotel and tried to explain that this was not an alternative and got no where.

In desperation, I phoned the manager, Jane Cropper, who has responded to many comments on the hotel here on TripAdvisor. When I was transferred to her line, her voice mail said she was on the phone and asked me to leave a message and she'd get back to me. I left a very specific message explaining my dilemma of having a room booked for two months and having it inexplicably canceled by the hotel 2 days before arrival. I left my reservation number and two different phones where I could be reached - cell and office. After not getting a call back, I booked a different hotel. Fun reunion.

So although my sisters-in-law will have the pleasure of experiencing the Hilton Garden Inn for the reunion, I'll be down the road at a different hotel. I won't be able to share my impressions of the great staff (so far not so great), or the lack of noise on the parking lot side of the hotel, or the comfort of the beds - because I'll be staying at a remote location.

I've stayed at Hilton's around the world and have depended on the brand from New York to London to Paris to Rome. Admittedly, there have been a few times when I failed to let a hotel know I was going to be a late arrival and had to settle for something less than I booked (and sometimes enjoyed an upgrade) but I've never had them call me two months after a reservation and two days before a stay to tell me I can't be accommodated. Somethings not right here and I certainly would be reluctant to trust them with my business again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank sandyshoes1313

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry to learn of your experience, and although our records show a different set of circumstances, we are very interested in providing a much more positive experience as we at the Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square are committed to outstanding guest satisfaction. I would really appreciate hearing from you directly at the hotel. Thank you for your consideration.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a huge wedding block of rooms. The rooms have sleep comfort beds, microwave and fridge, flat screen etc. The lobby had a great buffet or cooked to order breakfast. There is both a Jakes burgers and an Applebys in the parking lot area. The hotel was at full capacity when we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. I believe all rooms were redone in 2012.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest-
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for sharing your experience. We are pleased you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square to host your family and friends on your special day! We enjoy welcoming wedding groups here and invite you to come back and celebrate your anniversary with us next year. Congratulations to you and the groom!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Located on a corner of a mall, this hotel is close to a restaurant for dinner (Applebees), Walmart, Sears, and the 2 Dupont gardens we had come to visit--Winterthur and Longwood. The lobby area is very impressive with its lit fireplace, comfy sofas, TV, and breakfast area. Upon arrival, we were given hot cookies; tea and coffee were available too. We had an "accessible" room even though we are not disabled so the room and bathroom were spacious. The beds were comfortable with nice linens and toiletries. The room was quiet, clean, with a nice decor, although the woodwork in the bathroom was banged a bit. The bathmat was thread bare, but the towels were OK and plentiful. A fridge and even microwave were available; also Wifi and free parking. An added feature in this hotel, which offers a complimentary buffet breakfast for Hilton Honors (others pay $10), is a short order cook for hot items. It was a wonderful way to start a busy day of sightseeing. Bus tours use this hotel judging by the bus lining up to pick up its passengers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jane_Cropper, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Guest-
Thank you for visiting us at the Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square recently. We are pleased to hear the location worked out for you! Truly we are close to all of the terrific treasures that the Brandywine Valley offers, including Longwood Gardens and Winterthur. Our staff here really appreciates our guests, and thanks to our recent renovation project, all hotel rooms are brand new! As an fyi, Hilton Honors members do receive a complimentary breakfast if they are at the Diamond or Gold status. We hope to have you with us again! Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable rooms excellent location and the staff are really friendly ! Excellent breakfast too highly recommended !

• Stayed: May 2012
Jane_Cropper, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Guest-
Thank you for visiting us at the Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square! We are delighted to hear you experienced beautiful Longwood Gardens, an exceptional attraction in any season and well worth the trip. They have a unique exhibit this summer that you won’t want to miss (see their web site). Our staff is committed to outstanding guest satisfaction and our top priority is to make you feel welcome, and provide assistance whenever we can. Again, we appreciate you visiting us and look forward to hosting you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square? Share your experiences!