Our family planned a reunion and decided to head to Longwood Gardens as a central point to meet. We all made reservations in early May - mine was made on May 8th. I specifically requested and reserved a suite because when we travel hubby doesn't sleep well and often reads late into the night. All set right?
Not so fast....today someone from the hotel left a voice mail that they no longer had my suite available, but they could offer me an accessible room with a double bed. Great. I phoned the hotel and tried to explain that this was not an alternative and got no where.
In desperation, I phoned the manager, Jane Cropper, who has responded to many comments on the hotel here on TripAdvisor. When I was transferred to her line, her voice mail said she was on the phone and asked me to leave a message and she'd get back to me. I left a very specific message explaining my dilemma of having a room booked for two months and having it inexplicably canceled by the hotel 2 days before arrival. I left my reservation number and two different phones where I could be reached - cell and office. After not getting a call back, I booked a different hotel. Fun reunion.
So although my sisters-in-law will have the pleasure of experiencing the Hilton Garden Inn for the reunion, I'll be down the road at a different hotel. I won't be able to share my impressions of the great staff (so far not so great), or the lack of noise on the parking lot side of the hotel, or the comfort of the beds - because I'll be staying at a remote location.
I've stayed at Hilton's around the world and have depended on the brand from New York to London to Paris to Rome. Admittedly, there have been a few times when I failed to let a hotel know I was going to be a late arrival and had to settle for something less than I booked (and sometimes enjoyed an upgrade) but I've never had them call me two months after a reservation and two days before a stay to tell me I can't be accommodated. Somethings not right here and I certainly would be reluctant to trust them with my business again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located less than one mile from Longwood Gardens and minutes from other Brandywine Valley Attractions and Wineries, the hotel features 92 guest rooms, with a mix of suites, two large meeting rooms, an indoor pool and whirlpool, on-site breakfast restaurant, fitness center, sundry convenience shop and large lobby. Several restaurants are within walking distance, including an Applebee's in the parking lot. All hotel rooms feature a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker, self-adjusting Garden Sleep System bed, complimentary wired and wireless internet access, along with remote printing to the business center. 37" LCD HDTV in all rooms with over 100 channels to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square Hotel Kennett Square
- Hilton Kennett Square
- Kennett Square Hilton Garden Inn