“Great stay for a short night away!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Had to make a quick reservation on short notice, this hotel was available and in the right area. It was clean, modern, and a great fit for our trip. The breakfast was well stocked and there was something for everyone in my family. If we needed to stay overnight in the area again, we'd choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 5, 2010

Well, I guess by trying to be loyal to the Marriott brand I became spoiled with great customer service.
I make a couple of visits a year to this location for business but never noticed the Fairfield because it is just in a poor location. So I would normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. (Definitely more convieninent and actually quite a bit cheaper)
These are really the only two hotels to choose from when staying in this town. So, I decided to try the Fairfield this time because of my loyalty to the Marriott brand.
The hotel is very clean and pretty new. Whether I was a Rewards Member or not, I have always been impressed with the customer service at Marriotts. This hotel lacked customer service and I was surprised to find out that they don't even care if you are a loyal customer. When I noticed that the room I reserved had no frig or microwave, I went to see if I could get one that did have what I needed. Normally a free upgrade is not a big deal. I was told "that only works at full service hotels" when referring to my Rewards Member status. So, I cancelled all of my returning trips to this hotel and rescheduled them for the Hilton.
Also, I think they must have the smallest pool ever for a hotel. Its just a little bit bigger than the hot tub.
I will say that, for being right next to the highway, it was pretty quiet.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mmiller623
ffisks, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

Thank you for addressing these concerns regarding your stay at our property. We have recently completed our own investigation to discuss these circumstances further with you personally to ensure your next stay with us is pleasurable. Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We truly do appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed December 5, 2010

Pleasure to stay in this courtyard
Always a pleasant hello form the front desk in passing
Great to have breakfast from 6.00am for us early starters and the guy overseeing it does a fine job
Nice to have an Aircon in the room that actually works and is easy to operate!
Rooms are in fine condition and look as good as the day the place opened
The only thing stooping me giving it 5 stars is the gym an pool are quite small and I feel in this area courtyards and Hilton variants do lack but better than nothing
Overall a great stay

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Quiet, which was great. Also, the breakfast included waffles and many choices. We were only disappointed in the small room (standard king) for the price we paid.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We just returned from a trip to Pennsylvania and am amazed no one has commented on this. If the smell of mildew or mold is an issue, don't stay here. Yes, the hotel was new. rooms were well decorated, etc. Staff was nice, but no way could we spend a night in a room with that exposure. When I spoke with the desk person, she admitted others had commented on it, and offered to either spray something in the unit ( as if this really got rid of it) or we could switch to another room. We checked out the second room- same problem. Then she gave us the keys to a 3rd room, different floor- same problem and that one also had some sort of smell in the hallway. We left. We usually always stay in Marriots ( price and dependability),are members, and have ever had to leave a hotel for any reason. This was a first. We went down the road to the Hilton Garden- great staff- above and beyond- and room was great. Did hear that perhaps Marriots does not pull off and clean the units when they freeze up and the moisture then collects in the unit and causes this.-really don't know. What a shame for a new hotel and a company that we depend on when we travel.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kateyb76
ffisks, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our property. We take your comments very seriousely and would like to discuss them in detail with you at your earliest opportunity. Please feel free to contact the General Manager at (610) 444-8995 to discuss this matter further. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Visually and in terms of comfort, this hotel is an exceptionally pleasing experience from the clean and cheerful decor to the comfortable bed to a very nice complimentary breakfast. The staff are uniformly pleasant and helpful. A not inconsequential problem is noise from traffic and a loud wall air conditioner that shook the room when it cycled on.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about our property! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Please feel free to visit our website at www.BrandywineMarriott.com for updated information about our hotel!

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have to commend the staff, particularly the breakfast room staff, for looking ahead to see what is needed and stepping up to provide it. My room was very nice. There was traffic noise from US 1 bypass, but when I mentioned it to the desk staff at checkout, the staff member said that next time I could request to be on the non-bypass side of the hotel if that would be preferable. The hotel had a nice warm feel about it, and staff seemed proud of their facility.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!