Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
$147
$114
Brandywine River Hotel(Chadds Ford)(Great Value!)
$134
$110
$116
$170
Homewood
$125
Courtyard
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$80
$72
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$94
Inn at Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$131
Hotels.com
$144
Doubletree.com
All reviewslongwood gardensparking lot sidehighway sideyogurtbrandywine valleyfront deskroad noiseking studiohot optionshot oatmealasked for a quiet roomfree breakfastclean roomsthe breakfast areageneral managerhard boiled eggslight sleeper
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a break on a drive back to my residence for a one overnight stay. Check in service provided was fair to moderate and relatively unaccommodating. Specifically, what I mean is the parking lot was at about 70% capacity but we were told that only double bed handicap rooms were available. Considering we had no advanced reservations this is possible but seemed unlikely that that would be the ONLY thing available.

Hotel lobby is nice with the usual amenities provided that newer and/or renovated Fairfield inn's provide. In terms of facilities usage I cannot comment on much because I did not eat there or user the pool, workout facilities etc. I did drink the tea in the lobby but they only had a English channel (sp) stocked so I had no choice but to drink it when I really wanted regular tea.

My hotel room was modern and updated. Contemporary in style, modern beds, lighting and a roughly 32 - 35 inch LG flat screen television along with wifi provided.

Lastly, the main reason this hotel gets a "3" rating is because of the lack of cleanliness in my bathroom. Finding multiple pubic hairs on the bathroom floors (see pictures) is never a good thing and frankly it's gross.

For the last aforementioned reason I wouldn't stay here again, but they have the good fortune of being the only Marriott property in the area so they can capitalize on that with me because I'm a loyal Marriott rewards member. But if another Marriott opens up in the immediate area, rest assured, I'd stay there instead.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheQueGuy
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your room type and the cleanliness of your bathroom. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope that you allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

It's hard to stay at a Fairfield, or a Hampton, or a Hilton Garden Suites, or a Holiday Inn Express, and not have a deja vu feeling. It's pretty much the same floor plan. This Fairfield is a nicely maintained and comfortable hotel, quite close to Longwood Gardens and a bit too close to Route 1 for my taste. It seems every biker in the area uses Route 1 at night, and from what I heard, they all drive Harleys. No doubt the proximity explains the hotel leaving ear plugs next to the bed. Breakfast was adequate (I had scrambled eggs that were getting dry and some substance resembling pork sausage). And 'only' $200 a night. Well, I really did not want to drive home from Longwood after a long day of jazz and wine-tasting.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your visit to the hotel for the Wine & Jazz Festival. I trust that you enjoyed yourself at the event! I’m happy to hear that you were pleased with the comfort and maintenance of the property. I am sorry you were displeased with the rate you received as well as the breakfast options location of our property.
I appreciate you sharing your feedback and we will work to ensure that our breakfast options are always fresh for each and every guest. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we ask for the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Upgraded to suite at no charge. Highway side slightly noisy, but earplugs supplied by hotel handled it. Light sleeper, but slept well. Good bed. Comfortable clean room. Above average "free breakfast". Separate sitting area in suite. Two flat screen TVs, one in BR. Clean bath. Friendly staff.

No complaints. Reasonable value. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Parking lot side if light sleeper and earplugs bother you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Equiluck
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am pleased we were able to provide you with one of our upgraded suites. We are making preparations for your next visit to Kennett Square!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I enjoyed my stay there. They had free breakfast which was as good as free food ever is and had a good variety. They also had free tea and coffee in the lobby for free all night. The place was very clean and all of the staff were very polite and helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you try for one at the front of the building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments about your visit to our facility. I appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and condition of the hotel and will be sure to share with the team!

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here two nights and it was fine. Very standard middle market accommodations -- everything you would expect.

It's located about a mile outside of "town" but on main roads so easy to come and go.

Breakfasts were free and good.

Room Tip: The location is not scenic at all. I'd avoid the side that faces the Hwy because it can be load. The other side isn't that scenic but it's set back from the road and has open grassy areas that are nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I appreciate your comments regarding your experience at our property in May. We look forward to your next visit to the area!