“Another Great Stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kennett Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Back to Longwood Gardens for the Orchids. Our stay here started with a friendly greeting by Abby and a last minute room change request by us for "something close to the pool". Done! (Thanks Abby.) Nice standard room on first floor, quiet night's sleep after the kids (6 & 9) had an hour or so at the pool, which is a perfect size for them. Good (free) breakfast in the AM and quick checkout at Noon. See you again in April!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank George O
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

We're already making preparations for your next visit in April! I'm so pleased you had the opportunity to visit the Orchid Extravaganza at Longwood Gardens. Thank you for your kind words, especially regarding your interaction with Abbey. I will be sure to share with her and the rest of the team.
Looking forward to seeing you next month!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had wanted an inexpensive place to stay while visiting Longwood Gardens and came across reviews for this Fairfield Inn. The price was the best for the area as was the fact that it was only a couple of miles from Longwood. From the second we walked in, the cheery decor and absolutely squeaky clean premises put us into a relaxed and grateful mood. The staff was exceedingly pleasant and eager to ensure our stay was great.

Beds were comfy and bathrooms nicely tiled and again,,,,CLEAN

The rooms were spotless (so well maintained and fresh smelling). Wifi, breakfast (some hot items), and parking are free

We will return!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us! I am so pleased you were satisfied with our accommodations and we look extremely forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family of 4, with 2 children under 10, checked in a little early. We were given a nice greeting by Rhonda, the front desk clerk, who checked up with me to make sure everything was to our liking. We spent the afternoon at Longwood Garden, less than 2 miles away, after which we shopped at Walmart for some things we forgot. A quick dinner at Applebees (both WM and Bees less than a mile from hotel), then pool time! Washer and dryer near pool, but decided to wait till we got home. Next AN, nice free breakfast, pool and then on our way. Everybody at this Fairfield was great, be back next month!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property! I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and will be sure to pass on your specific comment regarding your arrival experience with Rhonda. We look forward to seeing you very soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have to admit, I have nothing to say but good things about this hotel.
The facility is very nice, seemingly quite new and very attractive. And spotlessly clean.
White tile and black marble bathroom..spotlessly clean.
Crisp white sheets, white coverlet, white comforter, something I love.
The breakfast, even if a few here have found some fault, was quite nice. Yes standard fare for this sort of chain..but that is not a bad thing! Make yourself waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey Canadian bacon, fruit, whole and cut up, muffins, bagels (love those rotating toasters) juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hard boiled eggs, yogurts..really, what is not to like. Are the eggs powdered? Don't know, but i like them, especially the shredded cheese and hot sauce you can put on top.

Yes, the rooms might be a little small, but totally adequate. Nice big TV, desk, an armchair. Very modern fresh decor.
Entrance is not on RT.1 but just off it where the Baltimore Pike splits off and set back far enough from both to be very quite and yet very convenient to the area attractions. Especially Longwood Gardens that I was visiting. 3-4 minutes away.

All very good!
But what really put them over the top is the excellent, friendly staff.
I was greeted by the on-duty manager, whose name I sadly did not note. Bad, Bad me, especially as she remembered mine and greeted me by name the next day when I checked out, wishing me a safe journey. But she was not alone.
When I came back the first night, I was greeted by the young man on duty. When I went to breakfast, I was greeted and wished a happy New Year by the young woman on duty, who was keeping an eagle eye on the dining area, keeping things full and tidy and welcoming new quests to breakfast. A seemingly happy, friendly, sincere staff..which made my stay very pleasant.
If you are in the Kennett Square area, you could not do better IMHO.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank caitemaire
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such a beautiful descriptive account of our hotel. Reading your review, really makes the readers feel like they were already staying in the hotel experiencing it for themselves!

To answer your question, our eggs indeed are not powdered! Thank you so much again for your kind words about our property and we look forward to your next visit to Kennett Square.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed Christmas night here. The staff was bubbly and cheerful upon our arrival Christmas night. We only stayed one night. This was the first time staying here and we will definitely stay here again. The room (2 beds) was well appointed. The property was well maintained. This will now be our go-to when we come to the area (which is once a year).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I'm so happy that we have become your preferred lodging in the Kennett area! We try extremely hard to promote our basic Fairfield values and I'm happy to see that you took notice. I really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit in December!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here last night on the "Longwood Garden" Christmas package. Great hotel located close to Longwood Gardens. And right down the street from historic Kennet Square. And near all of the wineries.

Our room was very nice. Comfortable bed, separate living room and a large bathroom. The breakfast was the standard that you get at any Fairfield or similar hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica Y, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with us. I’m so pleased you were able to take in the beauty of Longwood at Christmas time.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel was immaculate the shower appeared to be never used. The beds are comfortable but the comforter/quilt was very thin and appeared cheap. The breakfast area was typical for this type of hotel. Overall a good value and I would not hesitate to use this hotel again when in the area

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TORNY

Thank you for your kind comments about your visit to our facility. We are indeed relatively new at four years old as of August. I appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your guest room and will be sure to share with the team!
I am sorry that you were displeased with the condition of the comforter on your bed. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for you during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennett Square
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!