I was traveling from Philly to this area to see Longwood Gardens. I wanted a hotel for one night that was close and this was a very good choice. It was around 2 miles from Longwood Gardens and the hotel itself is very comfortable. We got to the hotel early and it was full, so we had to wait until normal check-in time (3pm) to get into our room. They were nice enough to give us a late check-out. The front desk staff were so nice & helpful.
The room had a very nice king bed and was ohhh so comfortable, got a great nights sleep after all that walking in the cold at Longwood. There is free WIFI in the hotel and in the rooms. The room has a nice TV with a lot of channels, coffee maker with coffee/tea, an iron/ironing board, a radio alarm clock and Vaseline amenities in the bathroom (lotion, conditioner, & shampoo). There isn't a safe in the room.
The hotel offers a free daily breakfast which includes make your own waffles, cereals, muffins, microwave breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, and fruit. The room can get crowded but the manager was nice enough to open up a conference room for the overflow. The room serves as a nice lounge/sitting area the rest of the day and there is 24 hour coffee/tea there. There is a small pool and hot tub along with a fitness room. They also have a business center.
There isn't a restaurant in the hotel but there is fast food nearby and if you go 2-3 miles into town you will find some nice local restaurants. The front desk made some suggestions and printed out directions for us. We ate at the Half Moon Restaurant in town and it was very good, a little pricey but we enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in historic Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, experience small town friendliness during each stay! Enjoy a tour of Longwood Gardens in the Mushroom Capital of the World! Stroll downtown Kennett Square and visit our shops, galleries and dine in our local restaurants. Bring the family along and walk one of our famous trails including the historic Kennett Square walking tour or the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail. Schedule your visit around the annual Kennett Square Mushroom Festival in September or the Microbrew Festival in October. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square is within reach. We offer what you want including clean, comfortable guest rooms and friendly service. Enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast featuring Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, indoor pool and FREE high speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Kennett Square
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Hotel Kennett Square